All Coal Plants + 3 Gorges Dam

Chillingworth

Chieftain
What happens when you have a coal plant in every city then get the 3 gorges dam? What happens to the pollution from the coal plants?

I believe the pollution is neutralized.

But I only did this once. I never built the Three Gorges Dam again, as I found it too expensive.

The hydro plants "replace" the coal plants, eliminating the unhealthiness. The coal plants will still show on your city screens but will have no effect.

In fact, you may consider "prebuilding" a coal plant before you get plastic so once you have researched plastic, you can build the dam faster.

Thats good to know. I've always put off building coal plants and beelined to plastics after getting factories. Now I might consider coal plants in limited circumstances even if I'm building the dam.

Errata said:
Thats good to know. I've always put off building coal plants and beelined to plastics after getting factories. Now I might consider coal plants in limited circumstances even if I'm building the dam.

Considering how cheap coal plants are, and how soon you can have them, I really like building them. My research is generally going so quickly by then that by the time I build the three gorges dam I'm already starting space ship parts. That, and the dam's expense, are the reasons I prefer dirty ol coal.

You can always use a coal plant in a potential location for the 3 Gorges just to boost the production.

The -2 health from a Coal Plant is negligable compared to the +50% production bonus it provides, I always build them right away. Factory + power = 175% production, nearly doubling your hammer output.

Top Bottom