All Smart AI's type Mods Shoot and Move not working

RJ_Civ4

Chieftain
I've tried Smart AI v3, Artificial Unintelligience and Pick'N'Mix DLL Various Mod Components with AI - Smart v3 mod loaded with it but none seem to work correctly with archer's being able to shoot and move in same turn.

It works in Vox Populi using a full install but I'm playing Winter is coming currently and wanted smart ai's features but I can't get it to work even if I only enable the Smart AI mod with Brave New World and no other mods. Some things in the Pick'N'Mix works like ships entering forts and capturing generals/great people.

Isn't Smart AI v3 suppose to behave the same as in Vox Populi where say Chariot archers can fire arrows and still have 3 moves left. When I do that with just Smart AI or any of those other dll mods it uses up all my movement to shoot.

Any help is appreciated!

_____

Edit: Ah nevermind. It is working but the only difference is most of the shooting troops like Bow Horsemen and Chariot Archers in Vox Populi have the ability to 'Move after Shooting' where in original civ 5 only the Camel Archers have that ability.

Last edited:
As you've discovered, what Smart AI (and all the other custom DLLs that include it) does, is change the ranged combat evaluation logic for the AI. Instead of it being "perform ranged combat OR move N spaces into position" it becomes "move up to N-1 spaces into position THEN perform ranged combat OR move 1 space into position". Without the "move after combat" promotion, the ranged combat uses up all remaining moves.

Hi whoward69,

Thanks for the reply. I had a question for you too if you don't mind.

I started using your DLL for pick'n'mix and winter is coming mod but for some reason the 'Show XP in Military Overview' mod and your DLL don't like each other and I'm not able to see anything in that screen. It's blank with no units listed. Any way to get this to work? I found your unit list mod as part of your dll but really would like the military view button to have it in there.

Thanks for all your mods. I can get a setup that includes alot of what CP has with different conversion mods.

Check the log files. Never used "Show XP in Military Overview" so no idea what it changes - is it a simple UI mod, or does it do something more complex?

It's just a few xml files and one lua and basically does what your unit list does except it shows it in the military overview button. It works in all the diff AI dll's including Vox Populi.

I enabled Logging and did find something interesting under Lua.log with just enabling your DLL and Military overview mod.

[476041.953] MilitaryOverview: Loading MilitaryOverview.lua from 'UI - Show XP in Military Overview' version 2.3
[476041.953] MilitaryOverview: Loaded MilitaryOverview.lua from 'UI - Show XP in Military Overview'
[476041.953] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Ray\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Show XP in Military Overview (v 2.3)\MilitaryOverview.lua:144: attempt to call method 'GetWarWearinessSupplyReduction' (a nil value)

I tested it also with just Smart AI and Military overview mod enabled and don't receive the runtime error in Lua after it loads mod.

Last edited:
"War Weariness" sounds a lot like something added by VP, as it's not part of the base game C++ code.

Which will be why it doesn't work with "DLL - VMC" ;)

Depending what line 144 in the modded MilitaryOverview.lua file is doing, you may be able to just remove it (or work around it)

I just tested it with vanilla BNW and Military overview without any other mods installed like Smart AI or VP or EUI and don't receive any errors and it works.

Ah. I see line 144 is an If statement checking for CP. if isUsingCP then / else. It's odd it thinks I'm using CP with just your DLL and this mod enabled.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
That's because the CP DLL uses MY guid (despite repeated requests not to), so the two look the same.

What's line 144? It should be easy to change it to test for the method, rather than a (specific) DLL

I was just about to reply. I found the same thing out. In the beginning of the lua it searches specifically for the mod id that your DLL - VMC mod is using to determine if it's CP value is set to true or not. I just removed the mod id it's looking for to determine if i'm using CP or not.

Working now :)

Last edited:
That's because the CP DLL uses MY guid (despite repeated requests not to), so the two look the same.

What's line 144? It should be easy to change it to test for the method, rather than a (specific) DLL

Just stumbled upon this per a link from someone - I've not received a message from you to change the GUID. Perhaps I've missed it? I'd be happy to change it, wasn't aware it was a problem. Caveat is that it will break compatibility with the vast majority of your modmods that remain compatible with the CP. Up to you.

Cheers,
G

Top Bottom