Altering Files

dojoboy

Tsalagi
How do I change the maximum number of civs available per map size? For example, if I want to play w/ 12 civs on a small map, how do I alter files to do this? Also, where do I find these files, folders, etc?

Well, no one seems to know, eh? A fellow over at Apolyton said it could only be done w/ 'CivEdit' which should come w/ the game. At least, it did in the PC version. I can't find it in my Civ3 folder.

Does any mac player have 'CivEdit' in his Civ3 folder?

THere is currently no Ciiv Editor for the Mac. I understand that Brad is working on one but that it has taken a backseat to the latest upgrade. Given that Brad is working for gratis, I would direct any requests/complaints about the lack of an editor to Firaxis or Macsoft and not Brad (maybe they would actually decide to pay him to complete it. Nah... :rolleyes:)

No apology needed, dojoboy. That's why we have a discussion board -- to answer everyone's questions and see to it we are all on the same page.

Complaints about the game, patch (or lack there-of), and editor (or lack there-of) should most likely be directed to MacSoft who sold you the game, not Firaxis or Brad (who, as others have mentioned, kicks major booty for doing what he's doing). They are the ones that published the Mac version, collect the money from the sale of the game, and who are (or rather should be) providing support and who contracted Westlake to do the programming (whom Brad has/is working for).

Perhaps if more of us make it clear to the publisher(s) that we'd really prefer to get our same money's worth out of a game as our Win-brethern, we might start to see some changes in this area. But who am I to talk... I'm just a non-gamer (by definition since I own a Mac, see) who won't be able to resist giving Bioware their $50 for NWN and getting 1/2 a product in return.

OK, so I'm bitter this week after seeing the NWN toolset... sigh :(

Top Bottom