1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternates to Judaism - MODCOMP

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by fearuin, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

It depends what you mean by "dead". It inspired a Zoroastrianism mod and my Protestantism mod.

2. Sikandar

Sikandar Prince

Where's the Zoroastrianism mod located?

3. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

4. kochman

kochman Deity

I will start with this caveat: I did not read the entire article before posting, but pretty much just the first page.

Of course, the reason Judaism is important is because it was basically the first major religion to be monotheistic (hence its foundation with monotheism). They were spread widely (though generally not the dominant force) across the classical world. Kazakstan was once a Jewish Empire in the medieval period as well.

However, for game purpose, I would go with Zoroastrianism (perhaps with priesthood?).

The main reason, if you start splitting up Christianity, how will the factions feel about other factions? I mean, Protestants and Catholics went to war, for example, but most agreed that Islam was a bigger threat. Also, what about splitting up other major faiths, sunni and shia, etc? Leave major religions intact.

However, all this being said, I don't think that Judaism should be taken out...

5. kochman

kochman Deity

Starting to seem, as I read on in your posts, more like a place for you to bash Judiasm.
    Its impact on the world is undeniable, I think you don't know as much about it as you think you do...

6. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

I can argue that Atenism influenced Judaism, so it's even more important by your schema. Why no sun worship in RFC?

Anti-Semitism is a very serious allegation. How is it anti-Semitic to note that there are fewer religious Jews than Sikhs, Kim Il-sung worshippers and spiritists? http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

If anything, it is Eurocentric to give a space to Judaism ahead of all these other groups. But ultimately, none of them should be included because they were never the state religion of a civ in RFC, so their diplomatic use is almost irrelevant, and it disproportionately benefits civs with Judaism to enjoy the benefits in terms of happiness buildings etc of an extra religion.

7. kochman

kochman Deity

Who said that was anti-semitic?
    Its pointless, but certainly not anti-semitic.