Am I missing something here? I'm unable to build Emancipation Gate.

Makavcio

Prince
So, I'm playing as Hutama. Heading toward emancipation victory. It's time to build Emancipation Gate. Prerequisite tech researched, borg level 16, satellite launched.

Quest stack at "research hypercomputting"...

K, I think I know what's going on. I've already seen one thread like this one somewhere on civfanatcs. The new quest system with pop up after each phase is fing up emancipation victory. I've researched hypercomputing before launching the satellite and now I'm suck in "research hypercomputing" phase.

Can I somehow re-research it? With IGEditorBE it would be possible, but author of the mod is most likely dead. Or just forgot about it.

On a side note, other bugs encountered in this playthrough:
- AI;
- disappearing planes on aquatic city displacement;
- AI's behavior;
- trade units rendered useless after not being moved with aquatic city (they just stand on an empty plot and cannot be moved);
- incompetence of AI;
- textures constantly reloading when map is moved ("black map");
- did I mention AI?

Attachments

• allah_forbids_emancipation.7z
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 129
I went through the entire phase post-patch (started like 2 days ago), and managed to win an emancipation victory. *Shrugs* So at least we know that some people probably do not have the bug.

Hm... reinstall?

I ran into the same problem today while playing a game with Fielding - like you, I ended up researching Hypercomputing (through a tech steal) before launching the Lasercom Satellite, and when I got to level 15 supremacy, the Emancipation Gate never showed up as a buildable wonder. I don't remember getting this issue before the recent Rising Tide patch.

I remember someone posting that they couldn't build victory wonders if they unlocked the necessary tech through the spoils of war system instead of by researching it. I wonder if there's a similar issue with techs stolen through covert ops. If so, it would be a rare issue (and therefore potentially undetected) because of the randomness of tech stealing.

- trade units rendered useless after not being moved with aquatic city (they just stand on an empty plot and cannot be moved);

Those two above are the bugs I've noticed most frequently on my end.

Very annoying and lessens the experience quite a bit.

There was an ini edit in Civ5 that fixed this for the most part (don't know why it wasn't set by default), but that entry doesn't appear to exist in BE.

Top Bottom