Making a list of things that don't work in Rising Tide at launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the agreement with Elodie that gives +20% production for culture buildings. At least with the OER I got no prod bonus. :| Will test further

I made the agreement with Elodie that gives +20% production for culture buildings. At least with the OER I got no prod bonus. :| Will test further

This does work partly correctly for me - even for OER. However this agreement reduces the construction costs and doesn't show up in the production modifiers. I had it at 15%: OER was 34 instead of 40 production at normal speed, for example. Xeno Sanc also was correctly affected.

However, a post quest Network (giving culture) was NOT affected by this agreement. So there is still an issue here.

This does work partly correctly for me - even for OER. However this agreement reduces the construction costs and doesn't show up in the production modifiers. I had it at 15%: OER was 34 instead of 40 production at normal speed, for example. Xeno Sanc also was correctly affected.

However, a post quest Network (giving culture) was NOT affected by this agreement. So there is still an issue here.

This may be an issue that's bugged me since BE came out... Food, Production, Science, and Energy are all floating point values, but Culture is an integer, so it might just be rounded/truncated so that you don't get the increase.

This may be an issue that's bugged me since BE came out... Food, Production, Science, and Energy are all floating point values, but Culture is an integer, so it might just be rounded/truncated so that you don't get the increase.

I don't think so. We're looking at 15% of 185 production. Culture doesn't even come into the discussion - other than for what buildings should have the discount. Unless I misunderstand your point.

Ooooh okay, I looked for a prod modifier. Since basicly everytime something is build faster in CiV/BE it is via prod modifier.
God knows why not in this case @_@

Perhaps there should be a section titled Text in the original post?

Anyway, here's one I've just come across:

Butuiller Co. Family Drone (An artifact from a Supremacy quest.)

"... built to replace the void once filled by domesticated animal companions..."

I don't think so. We're looking at 15% of 185 production. Culture doesn't even come into the discussion - other than for what buildings should have the discount. Unless I misunderstand your point.

It's been a while since I've played BE and haven't gotten the expansion yet, so it's possible I completely misunderstood how the quest was supposed to work:

Olodune said:

I read that to mean you were supposed to get some % culture increase that you weren't getting, and thought it could be the integer problem I mentioned (which I think should be fixed - it makes no sense to have % culture modifiers for +/- health on integer values, but that's been discussed elsewhere).

Great thread! A few observations from me based on 4 games:

<snip>

[*]You can no longer zoom out of the tech web.

[/LIST]

What exactly is up with this? I don't see too many people mention it.

I played BE only very briefly on release and then shelved it until a friend gifted me the expansion. IIRC you used to be able to zoom in and out, collapse the the leaf nodes and have a high level view of how you were progressing. I found that critical to gameplay, for the brief time I spent with it.

Now, although they've color coded some icons, the tech screen is just a giant, static eyesore. The filter and search facility is still present, but doesn't solve the need for abstraction of this giant mess.

Yeesh... I really hope that isn't deliberate.

The worker action, "Add Miasma", is available on water tiles as well, even though there currently isn't any miasma on water. Tested it; your worker will spend the turns to try and add it, and when finished, nothing happens.

(I really wish Firaxis generated and allowed miasma on water tiles too. I believe it's partly a graphical limitation, currently.)

^Added.

I really wish we could get some kind of indication from Firaxis of what bugs they think are the most pressing and what they are prioritizing fixing. This whole two weeks of silence thing is really bugging me...

I really wish we could get some kind of indication from Firaxis of what bugs they think are the most pressing and what they are prioritizing fixing. This whole two weeks of silence thing is really bugging me...

Perhaps they are on a post launch bender? :p

Two weeks is a short a time period to expect substantive changes, I think.

Here is a minor UI bug that I've seen in several games. When cities overlap often I can only buy certain tiles from one of the two cities. For example despite having gold and clicking on this "buy" button - nothing happens. If I enter the neighouring city's screen I can buy this tile. I don't recall having this problem in Civ 5.

Spoiler :

Here is a minor UI bug that I've seen in several games. When cities overlap often I can only buy certain tiles from one of the two cities. For example despite having gold and clicking on this "buy" button - nothing happens. If I enter the neighouring city's screen I can buy this tile. I don't recall having this problem in Civ 5.

Not only that, but from my experience, if you save and load your game, then you can buy it from wherever again.

Well, we do know that they are fixing the war score and the ultrasonic fence quest. So, we do have something.

Perhaps there should be a section titled Text in the original post?

Anyway, here's one I've just come across:

Butuiller Co. Family Drone (An artifact from a Supremacy quest.)

"... built to replace the void once filled by domesticated animal companions..."

Well, mistake of text and misspelling can be easily "debugged". So I suppose the dev won't really have problem to fix it in next patch.

If they notice something so trivial, yes. Implying that if they don't fix it there's been a problem is in of itself problematic ;)

I mean the easy note here is they have a lot to pick up on. Surely nobody can disagree with me there.

Probably not their highest priority one, but still here from vanilla:

Mods that affect the unit panel in any way (unit promotions, worker actions etc) completely bug out the UI unless you jump through a bunch of unloading and reloading hoops.

It affects a lot of mods and really restricts what can be done, so it would be really good to get it fixed.

Could you please add the bug of the combat animation effects disappearing?

Especially late game when lots of affinity units are on the field, the weapon projectiles, weapon hit impacts, muzzle flashes, and impact sounds start to disappear in as little as 5 turns when a war is happening.

This bug has been around since release, and has been proven to happen in all game settings, graphic settings, hardware, and was even seen happening on their computers during the developer live streams.

It is very sloppy for a bug like this to still occur for over a year.

Probably not their highest priority one, but still here from vanilla:

Mods that affect the unit panel in any way (unit promotions, worker actions etc) completely bug out the UI unless you jump through a bunch of unloading and reloading hoops.

It affects a lot of mods and really restricts what can be done, so it would be really good to get it fixed.

Wow! Coincidentally, I was actually going to mention this here in the thread today, but didn't get around to it (well, now it's past midnight, so it was yesterday), haha.

I've started some modding again and I was really disappointed to find that this issue still hasn't been resolved. I really hope they can fit this into the next patch.

Here's another minor display error.

The Combat Assist/Inhibit modifier of the Architect/Throne isn't displaying properly on the attack preview tooltip:

1. The colon is misplaced.

2. Wrong text colors.

3. The "Defense Buff" should probably read as "Defense Debuff" or "Defense Penalty".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom