1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one that had no problems with the game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Strider, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Rabbit_Alex

Rabbit_Alex Prince

No problems here.

Dell Inspiron 9100 Notebook
    P4 3.2 GHz (1 year old so I don't know the specifics about it)
    1 GB DDRRAM 333 Mhz
    ATI Radeon 9700 Mobile 128 MB w/ latest drivers
    XP Service Pack 2

2. Adamb0mb

Adamb0mb Lawless

running a p4 2.6 ghz, a gig of ram and 256 megs of video on a radeon 9800 pro... not a single problem yet.

3. asmodeus81

asmodeus81 Chieftain

Other than high memory usage leading to slowdown right at the end of the game as it swaps on the hard disk constantly, I've experienced nothing wrong that actually affects me playing.

Sometimes zooming out to globe view there's some graphical corruption (not always though) and the intro movie skips, but I don't really care about either of those.

I haven't had a crash yet, and I've finished a few lengthy games, as well as a few that I gave up on part way through.

4. minimus

minimus Chieftain

I would just like to add that having what I would consider a system beyond the requirements for playing the game I initially experienced very bad slow downs since upgrading to Nvidia 81.85 drivers this seems to have disappeared but that seems to entail keeping my task manager open and Civ set at above normal. The sometimes too logical behaviour of computers can’t cope with humans believing in talismans.

5. Royal

Royal Warlord

I havent had the game long but I have had no real problems....

6. Dragonlor

Dragonlor Warlord

I've never had a problem installing and running any game on any computer I've ever owned. Civ4 has been no exception. It runs great.

7. Dairuka

Dairuka Prince

I have had my share of problems mostly due to the Cheshire Cat bug, and the Black Terrain bug.

However; that doesn't deter me from loving Civilization 4.