Amazon Civilization

The link is broken again. :( Is it possible to get another re-upload? Thank you!
No problem, just reuploaded it again. :)

Hi! This is an absolutely awesome civ! You did great work on it.

I've got a noob question though and I can't seem to find an answer so here goes... Your mod is working great but whenever I tried to add one of the other leaderheads that you suggested (Hippo) she doesn't show up. Honestly I can't figure out how to load any leaders at all unless they're inside of a full mod like your Amazons. I'm guessing I'm unzipping them into the wrong file or something, but I haven't found anything that talks about just downloading leaders without full civilizations so I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment...like I said: noob! So...help?

Thanks!

I've got a noob question though and I can't seem to find an answer so here goes... Your mod is working great but whenever I tried to add one of the other leaderheads that you suggested (Hippo) she doesn't show up. Honestly I can't figure out how to load any leaders at all unless they're inside of a full mod like your Amazons. I'm guessing I'm unzipping them into the wrong file or something, but I haven't found anything that talks about just downloading leaders without full civilizations so I don't really know what I'm doing at the moment...like I said: noob! So...help?

Thanks!
Hi and thanks,

did you modify the necessary xml files as well? For adding a new leaderhead to the civilization, you will have to modify the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead, CIV4CivilizationInfos, CIV4GameText and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos files. Just search for the "MARPESIA" entries in these files for example to get an idea what to do. Beside the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos file they are rather easy entries. If you do not have any entries for the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos already, best copy&paste the entries of a BtS leader you think behaves the closed to the way you want the new leader to behave.

Otherwise the tutorial section is very helpful for things like this. Just look for threads about adding leaderheads or civilizations.

Thanks!

What exactly are you wanting to do, i can help with that question if SaibotLieh doesnt mind, adding LH's just by themselves is pretty easy.

Hi and thanks,

did you modify the necessary xml files as well? For adding a new leaderhead to the civilization, you will have to modify the CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead, CIV4CivilizationInfos, CIV4GameText and CIV4LeaderHeadInfos files. Just search for the "MARPESIA" entries in these files for example to get an idea what to do. Beside the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos file they are rather easy entries. If you do not have any entries for the CIV4LeaderHeadInfos already, best copy&paste the entries of a BtS leader you think behaves the closed to the way you want the new leader to behave.

Otherwise the tutorial section is very helpful for things like this. Just look for threads about adding leaderheads or civilizations.

Nope, I haven't modified anything. I had just downloaded the LH from the site and unzipped the file into the folder where I had found the other LH's in the bts folder. I'll look some more in the tutorials.

What exactly are you wanting to do, i can help with that question if SaibotLieh doesnt mind, adding LH's just by themselves is pretty easy.

Yeah, I'm just trying to add a LH. I had searched the site but hadn't found a tutorial dealing with just adding LHs. I have a feeling that I missed it somewhere. It's probably in plain sight and all that...smh.

Ok, so I found this tutorial: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372029

It seems that adding LHs is a bit more complicated than adding a mod. Unfortunately I can't just unzip the files in the right place and be done with it. Ah well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

And I'm still loving the Amazons! The more I play them the more awesome they get.

Sure I do not mind, many thanks for the offer. :)

Ok, so I found this tutorial: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372029

It seems that adding LHs is a bit more complicated than adding a mod. Unfortunately I can't just unzip the files in the right place and be done with it. Ah well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though!

And I'm still loving the Amazons! The more I play them the more awesome they get.
It is a bit more complicated, but not that much once you are used to modify the xml files. I wish you good luck with your future modding. :)

Does this civ actually work correctly, i see alot of mistakes in the XML?? "I'm just sayin." No offense.
So far there have been no complains. What errors have you found?

So far there have been no complains. What errors have you found?

One of the errors in in the Game Text, at 11,22. Regular mods cant handle any type of foreign looking stuff see attached.

One of the errors in in the Game Text, at 11,22. Regular mods cant handle any type of foreign looking stuff see attached.
Hm, strange, I am pretty sure that these worked at some point. Well, since they are in the text part, the worst that will happen is that the text looks a bit strange in-game, pretty sure that it won't lead to bigger problems.

Anyhow, next time I have to upload the mod again I can see to remove these errors from the Game Text file. Thanks for notifying me about this. :)

hello
you are welcome to this forum site
you can use long path tool to solve your problem.

Go to the map thread, and look at Harriers maps, he has alot of them there.

Hey SaibotLieh, the download link is broken, any way you could fix it? :)

Hey SaibotLieh, the download link is broken, any way you could fix it? :)
Hi, are you sure it is broken? I just try to download the mod and it seems to be working fine. :dunno:

Well, at least it is for me :dunno: I'll keep trying, maybe the website's having some fits.

Their unique unit is awesome just because it's an archery type, which has very few direct percentage bonuses against.

Top Bottom