1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

American Football- Barry Sanders... Coming back?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Strider, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I have heard some rumors that Barry Sanders might be coming out of retirement. I know he retired young and is still young enough to play, but I still don't fully believe it.

Any comments? Can anyone confirm this rule?

2. WildFire

WildFire amour

If he wants to kill his legacy like MJ. I just hope he doesnt because where would he go? I wouldnt sign him since he hasnt played in awhile.

3. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

No coach in thier right mind would pick him now, he's been out for too long to make a comeback. He'd get seriously injured or something in his first game and re-retire in embarrasment...

4. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

No coach in his right mind would pass him. Barry is otherworldly in the stuff you cant teach.

J

5. Unregister

Unregister |||||||||||||||||||||||||

Barry Sanders would still be one of the best running backs in the league

6. Flatlander Fox

Flatlander Fox Armed Cultural Consultant

Any links?

I would doubt seriously that Barry would came back.

7. Myartar

Myartar Yeah, I'm back

I just read an article that said the new Lions coach(Steve Mariucchi, I believe) is trying to get him to come back, but he won't even consider it unless the Lions let him out of his contract and allow him to consider other teams.

If I played for the Lions, I'd prolly retire early too, even if I was the 2nd greatest RB in history. (Sweetness being #1)

8. CamBot

CamBot I lurk, therefore I am..

As a lifelong Detroiter and Masochistic Lion Fans, I can say in all certaintly he WON't be coming back. ;)

He was always the kind of guy who march to his own drummer. He's really active outside of football nowadays, and I think he lost his love for the game.

9. NewDestroyer

NewDestroyer Vegetto

10. wtiberon

wtiberon One man who stands alone

MJ will always be a legend no matter what he does ;)

Sanders is only 30 something years old and would be fresh from not being in the league for a few years (that is a good thing since he will have less mileage remember WF that these guys have played football for 20 to 30 years so its not like they will just forget how to play). Not to mention he is the number 3 rusher of all time...who wouldn't want him.

11. wtiberon

wtiberon One man who stands alone

Mariucci actually called him and asked him to come back but he said the same thing he has said since he retired...he will only come back if he is traded. He didn't lose is love for the game he was just tired of playing hard for a losing team. Its heartbreaking when you give everything you have year after year and your team never gets far.

If he gets a trade I think he may come back...otherwise he will stay retired.

12. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I agree with that.... I'm pretty sure he can still play football and can still play it good. He probley stays in pratice and would most likely still be pretty good.