Jon Stewart and the Ruination of American Comedy

I'm an agist. If I see an old person fall, I am concerned, but if a teenager falls off his skate board, i will probably laugh....cuz he was on my lawn...

Nope, no skateboarders

Moderator Action: Stay on topic please.

Like Stewart said, it is not a good idea to want the people to somehow invent reasons not to care about obvious shortcoming of the candidates - and he referred to both.
Well yeah, the thread is about Stewart's comedy being less (or should be?) relevant? I can lump him in ...btw... I'm not an ageist...

So, Stewart came back and rocked the lib media boat by pointing out the obvious... Now let's go ahead and slam the comedian for pointing out the obvious and laughing about it! I like Stewart overall; I think he has consistently underestimated the dire situation the USA has found itself in and in that I share my failures with him... That said, his take on Biden and Trump is spot on and funny.

So, Stewart came back and rocked the lib media boat by pointing out the obvious... Now let's go ahead and slam the comedian for pointing out the obvious and laughing about it! I like Stewart overall; I think he has consistently underestimated the dire situation the USA has found itself in and in that I share my failures with him... That said, his take on Biden and Trump is spot on and funny.
That is quite funny, but it does show the point of his style of pointing at something and waiting for the laugh. Is he advocating for President Arnie? Do we know if that is off the table? If the constitution says neither Trump or Arnie can be president if we are not writing off one can we really write off the other? Could anyone else unify the current US?

Last edited:
That is quite funny, but it does show the point of his style of pointing at something and waiting for the laugh.
Does it? I watched it, and it does show the point of his style of pointing ar something and making comments about that something, usually ridiculing it.

That is quite funny, but it does show the point of his style of pointing at something and waiting for the laugh. Is he advocating for President Arnie? Do we know if that is off the table? If the constitution says neither Trump or Arnie can be president if we are not writing off one can we really write off the other? Could anyone else unify the current US?
He often doesn't have a point; that's just the way his routine is. (And it looks like it hasn't changed since I watched him).
If he wasn't so self-depreciating, and humorously so, he'd be a jerk like Bill Maher.

Last edited:
Stewart is nothing like Maher, and that doesn't just follow from the latter's incredibly unrealistic sense of self-worth.
Stewart imo is the closest to someone who just presents some honest thoughts - albeit needing to use humor for such shows.

Honest and Stewart. Now that is funny.

But you'd like this episode, Farm Boy. It gives your BSABism a run for its money!

I tuned out of that old liar ages ago. Not going to watch him. Flat no. Mostly I'm just chalking negative tallies on those who do, like before I registered here.

He's a comedian, not Noam Chomsky ^^
At least in the group of comedians, he seems to be far more decent/not a party plant/sucker than the average.

Turning to comedians for political commentary on a high level is itself a problem as well as a symptom of a deeper one.

Last edited:
Already made that mistake more than once. Cannot unsee. Wish I could brain bleach him.

de gustibus

Sure, the wrongclass are gross. But he's still a liar.

Top Bottom