I've noticed that some people are running into issues with DirectPlay, which is now deprecated in the latest version of Windows 10. This should still be easy to enable, but this might change in the future. So I've removed all references to DirectPlay from the civ2 networking library (XDaemon.dll), completely avoiding the issue. This should not affect anything, since the DirectPlay functions are only used in modem & serial connections (which nobody uses anymore). I've played a quick multiplayer game (TCP on LAN), and everything seemed ok, game state was exchanged normally, players could communicate fine etc. This should work for both MGE and ToT, they use the same version of XDaemon.dll (although I've only tested ToT). I'd still recommend enabling DirectPlay in Windows 10, but you can use this as a backup if that doesn't work for some reason. Instructions: Just extract the contents of the zip file into the MGE/ToT directory, overwriting XDaemon.dll (it might be prudent to backup the old file just in case).