An era between Classical and Medieval (200 - 900 AD) - Early Medieval/Migration Age

My line up would be:

Ancient- Early days
Classical- GrecoRoman time period
Early Middle Ages- Fall of Rome to 1000s
High Middle Ages- 1000s - 1400s (This is the High and late middle ages combined)
Renaissance- 1400s-1600s
Exploration- 1600s - mid 1800s
Industrial- mid 1800s - early 1900s
Modern Era- early 1900s - 1990s
Information Era- 1990s +

This would allow follow this flow:
Ancient- Early deaths and establishment
Classical- First big Empires
Early Middle Ages- Two or three barbarian camps (if none thee civs just appear) become new civs (drawn from the game's roster) that are two or three techs or civics behind average but have a large military and population in their city.
High Middle Ages- New Empires rise best time for theological combat (no debuffs and strongest theological units just added)
Renaissance- Theological combat becomes less important. Two or three random civs receive era unique GP (this is completely random to throw around some power dissemblance, these GP would be really powerful) and Two or three receive one/two free techs/civics on their tree (This will target weaker civs to push them forward)
Exploration- Civs on the higher side of the tech/civics tree receive +2 naval movement barbarians stop spawning within 10 tiles of city borders
Industrial- Weaker civs will probably be crushed as any civ that reaches certain techs and civics will have huge, production, militaristic, food, and movement bonuses.
Modern Era- Superpowers established, ideological wars will be common with people of certain types of government bonding together in alliances. Earlier and later govs are tied to their modern equivalent to stop genocide of weak civs example: classical republic, merchant republic, democracy, and digital democracy all fall under one ideological group
Information Era- Finish up victories.

Fair point. But I'm not suggesting making everything cost more tech. I think at least the first half of the game or so is fairly well balanced. I guess this suggestion would require further tweeks. Maybe some new buildings are also introduced in the eras where tech is slowed down. That way there are still buildings to build for those who don't want to be making units.

Yeah, thats true. But since it would be a major update I think its unlikely to happen in CiVI. So hopefully it will be better in CiVII.

Top Bottom