An Idea: Apolyton, CGN, and our nothern lands

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
This was just an idea that was thrown around in a chatroom earlier. During the course of idle conversation with Apolyton's BigFree, it was proposed that we give our nothern lands to CGN, for the purpose of allowing them to rebuild a homeland, in the same fashion that GCA has done.

The idea is this: We give up the northern lands, since they are of little use to us due to high corruption, a result of our southernly palace/FP locations. Apolyton goes in and builds six or seven cities, complete with workers to improve the lands. The cities are gifted to CGN, who can use them to generate more gold for the alliance. CGN could make much better use of the land, giving all three nations the equivland corruption-fighting power of five palaces (whereas without, we'd only have four effective ones (FP included)). Hopefully, the total result is that we get more gold for our research battle against GWT, along with more arties for CFC and APO later.

Remember, this is all rather preliminary discussion - I don't think the subject have been brought up with CGN at all.

Well, thoughts?

I'm opposed, but not really really opposed. I'll need to read up on the debate (so I ask those with educated--or not--oppinions to post!)

Our nation would be quite small... I think this would be ok, but I thikn we should get at least to keep the channel city and at least two more fromour mainlands northern borders northwards.

I am aginat CGN being here at all, since it is aginst our treaty with APO and I don't want to give back the lands we win if we win the war with GWT/GCA. I oppose giveing more land, I do not want to be a small nation.

Face it EMP, we are be the smallest country if we don't count CGN.

England was pretty small, and look at how big the British Empire got... ;)

Size won't do us an once of good if all the cities in the area are corrupt. This proposal would allow a better utilization of those lands.

And, like I've said, nothing is set in stone. Perhaps we could get Apolyton to give up former CDG territories - we'll see.

I'm opposed to this move. If we do this, we won't win. Remember we playing to win, not have a new world order.

Zarn said:
I'm opposed to this move. If we do this, we won't win. Remember we playing to win, not have a new world order.

Yes, I belive that we have lost site that we want to win, by space or conquest or whatever. But making a new world order would be cool.

croxis said:
world order world order!

Just give me a small island nation and i will be happy

Yes a little island, and we can go install someone into APO's goverment and make then a puppet monarchy! Yay! :p

Zarn said:
What will cause us to lose if we give up a little area of land that would be very corrupt? I don't see that as a game breaker. But if I'm missing something, please tell me.

This idea could work if we implemented my plan to gain a considerable tech lead. We already have a good lead on GWT in tech, and with three researchers against 2, that lead could grow even faster.

Doing this would hopefully get us Ironclads while GWT rolls out its sleek new Caravels. We can also start upgrading to Riflemen when CGN gets its free Industrial Age tech(they are scientific and should get Nationalism).

So, I say why not let CGN in? GCA is doing it, so this is the only likely response.

Also, Oct:

Tell Apolyton to start posting in CGNs Alliance Forum. I believe that a forum is as good or better than chat in formulating our plans.

Well i am all for giving CGN more land ,only... not ours!
I was thinking way earlier to ask Apolyton to give their southern ex-CGA lands to CGN. There is more land there and it is useless for Apolyton to due to corruption ,and then Apolyton is bigger.

Top Bottom