An idea for a new succession game

Jokemaster

Insert something here
Posted here instead of on the GOTM forum since I think the challenge could very well be too hard.

Would anyone be interested in the concept of a normal succession game where the gimmick is: no more than 1 city per landmass? (Large Archipelago map, obviously) I think it would be an interesting twist on the normal formula. What I'm hoping would happen is a different way to play late game, with more usage of carriers, fortresses, and defensive wars.

Still undecided whether we should go for spaceship, or conquest. Conquest obviously runs counter to the "1 city per landmass" rule (maybe after completing the tech tree?) and spaceship risks seeing the AI never meaningfully threaten our spread-out cities.

What do you think?

A succession game would be fun. Your idea is basically a less restrictive version of One City Challenge, which could be fun, but would not necessarily bring the kind of combat you expect. How about one city per landmass, and try to conquer the rest of the world in a single turn?

Another challenge might be ultra pacifist: no military units, no bribes, win by spaceship. Basically, try to expand more quickly than the AI can conquer you.

Top Bottom