Ancient Map of China 60 x 60

maltz

King
Screenshot - see spoiler below
Spoiler :

The caption reads "Civilization 5 Map of Ancient China".

Specs:

(1) Includes much of ancient Chinese empires and its surrounding regions. The map should resemble what the Chinese world looks like in BC 4000 with forest properly restored and clear water in the lake, etc. :p
(2) 60 x 60. Suitable for a standard game with 8 AI and 16 City States. It allows ample room for AIs to develop to their full potential.
(3) There is no resource or starting conditions preassigned. Your game will generate those randomly with your preferences.

Methods of installation:
Current Version: v1.1 (updated April 15, 2011)
(1) Download the map file called china_60_60_maltz_v1_1.Civ5Map

The download link is here.

(2) Put the file into ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps
(3) Start the game and go to Advance Settings. Go to the first pull-down menu on the top right "Map Type". Select "china_60_60_maltz_v1_1". You should see the game change the setting (but not forced) to 8 AI and 16 City States.

Features:

(1) Accurate geographic features

- land/ocean, rivers, mountains, etc. are repeatedly verified with a real map superimposed on this map by Adobe Photoshop.

(2) Edited for Civ5 game execution

- All passages, with a few exceptions of famous choke points, are at least 3 tiles wide to allow AI to adequately launch invasions to another. Some mountains are reduced to hills for this.
- River and marsh tiles are balanced to reflect realistic population density.
- The southwest plateau and Gobi desert are purposely seal off by mountains to avoid the game randomly assign many resources there, and the AIs lay many cities there to harvest those resources.

(3) Tested for more than 60 hours

- Many things have been adjusted since its earlier version. Testing is an ongoing process. I am starting another game with the map. Welcome your suggestions, too!

I wonder if turning the Changjiang from a river into a sea would change the map dynamic. it is afterall where many naval battles are fought... Chibi for one.. :)

It look very nicely done. btw does the river follow the new current path or their ancient route?

Awesome map.
I wonder... I have zero experience in modding but would it be too hard to make it a domination scenario capped at the medieval age, change the civs to the Three Kingdoms/Six Dynasties with custom units and´unit portraits, etc?
I'm not asking you to do it but if it's feasible I'd be willing to try, perhaps with some help, and your awesome map does beg to be used in an even more proper way. :)

Top Bottom