Anno Domini for Civ IV

Thanks for looking through those. I've already downloaded a few mods, such as Amra's and Civ Gold to see what's available. What I aim to avoid is using the same base twice unless the two examples look completely different. Vlad, for example, looks too much like Justinian, who will be in the mod, but there's another version of Justinian as an African leader, who looks a lot different, so he might be in. Looking through the original Firaxis leaderheads, there's about 20 of them that can go straight in the mod, plus others, like Isabella and Elizabeth, who can be used somewhere - Elizabeth probably as Teuta (as in the aforementioned mods) and I might use Isabella in the Scheherazade guise as the Queen of Sheba (but with a different background) and still be able to use the Dido that was based on her, as it looks a lot different to Scheherazade.

I'll start looking at which civs are included initially at the weekend ;).

About Dido, I'll release soon a new version of her in toga that I did with the help of Refar.

For Teuta, I'm also working on something (but that won't be relased soon) that might work for her.

Hey Rob

I've just tried the latest release of the Civ3 Anno Domini and it is quite impressive. I sure look forward to play the mod on Civ4.

One suggestion I have is to start your work with some other mod that already limit the game to a time span close to what you intend to have. Removing eras and their related stuff can be very painful in Civ4 mods. I think TAM can be ideal for you to start with its base. Going this way can save you the whole phase of omissions necessary if you started with BTS itself.

By thw way Rob, do you think you can provide me a picture for a background of a Dido LH. I know you have a nice bg library with poser and if you don't mind, I would like to use one of your carthagenian background for the Dido LH that I made with Refar.

By thw way Rob, do you think you can provide me a picture for a background of a Dido LH. I know you have a nice bg library with poser and if you don't mind, I would like to use one of your carthagenian background for the Dido LH that I made with Refar.

Well, I did have a nice big library, but not any more, due to PC failure. Anno Domini itself was only saved by the fact I'd saved it to a disc fortunately. I've not got poser installed anywhere at the moment. I was lucky enough to find backgrounds that suited the purpose online, but we do have a fantastic background creator - CivArmy. He's not on here as often as he was, but he should have something that suits the purpose.

Well, I did have a nice big library, but not any more, due to PC failure. Anno Domini itself was only saved by the fact I'd saved it to a disc fortunately. I've not got poser installed anywhere at the moment. I was lucky enough to find backgrounds that suited the purpose online, but we do have a fantastic background creator - CivArmy. He's not on here as often as he was, but he should have something that suits the purpose.

Humm... I'm sory for you. I've already lost all my files one time and it's really painfull...

Well.., Dido is here. The BG still look like a painting, but it's an easy change for your mod if you have a better one.

I've had a couple of days off in which I intended to get the framework of this mod set down. Sadly, despite hours of work, I've got nowhere fast, ending up with CTDs I couldn't sort out. So, I'm starting again :(. What I'm going to do in order to learn some CIV 4 modding skills is load up the TAM mod, which I've had no CTDs or problems with and tinker with that, see if I can keep it stable and moving to an Anno Domini direction ;)!

Grab BtS tjedge1 and start a fantasy mod!

Funny guy, I think I'm retired from mod making. I just dn't have the time anymore, but I am willing to paly consultant once I get the expansions and catch up. Maybe do more beta testing than mod making now. The last mod sucked 2 years of my life and with a kid I can't get that much free time anymore. I am a R8XFT fan tho, so I'll be keeping my eye on this mod.

I began an armor for a Vercingetorix leader that can be usefull to you :

Also, I would like to know the civ and leader list when it will be avilable. If you have a new website, it would be the best, if not, you can simply post it here.

What I would like to have in this kind of mod, it's a civilization evolution. What I mean by this is, for exemple, that a wonder called France would be avilable to both Gauls and Franks civilization. The civ that build it have a new Leaders (with a new traits) and new UU and UB. For example (it's only an example), if you are Vercingetorix of Gauls and you have Celtic and Gauls trait, than you become Joan of Arc of France and you have Celtic,Gauls and French traits, with a new UU and UB. If you are Clovis of Franks, you start with Germanic and Frankish trait and if you are the one that manage to build the France wonder, than you are now Joan of Arc that is Germanic, Frankish and French traits. With this pattern, we can create a civ evolution tree with all the possible evolution for each civ. That would require complex codding, so if you want to go with this kind of pattern, maybe you should ask some help from experienced codders (Kael may help you on this).

If you prefer to keep it simple, it's fine but I hope you will stay with your traits pattern, I really like the fact that all celtic people are sharing the same trait like the greek, the germanic, etc.

r8xft should start a forum that way he could have things nice and neet

I began an armor for a Vercingetorix leader that can be usefull to you :

I've seen it and it looks great. I've currently put in the Kylorin leaderhead that had been changed to Vercingetorix as the Gallic leader. Will the face on the new Vercingetorix look much different to the old one?

Also, I would like to know the civ and leader list when it will be available. If you have a new website, it would be the best, if not, you can simply post it here.

No website as yet; at the moment, I'm just adding civs with the leaderheads that are currently available; I've made the odd modification here and there - mainly with backgrounds, actually; there's also a change to the texture of the helmet you made for the Spartan leader.

What I would like to have in this kind of mod, it's a civilization evolution. What I mean by this is, for exemple, that a wonder called France would be avilable to both Gauls and Franks civilization. The civ that build it have a new Leaders (with a new traits) and new UU and UB. For example (it's only an example), if you are Vercingetorix of Gauls and you have Celtic and Gauls trait, than you become Joan of Arc of France and you have Celtic,Gauls and French traits, with a new UU and UB. If you are Clovis of Franks, you start with Germanic and Frankish trait and if you are the one that manage to build the France wonder, than you are now Joan of Arc that is Germanic, Frankish and French traits. With this pattern, we can create a civ evolution tree with all the possible evolution for each civ. That would require complex codding, so if you want to go with this kind of pattern, maybe you should ask some help from experienced coders (Kael may help you on this).

It's a nice idea, but I'm not really thinking of having it for this mod.

If you prefer to keep it simple, it's fine but I hope you will stay with your traits pattern, I really like the fact that all celtic people are sharing the same trait like the greek, the germanic, etc.

Funnily enough, I'd not exactly changed my mind about this, but changed how I'm going to approach it. I thought of keeping the tradition traits - plus three extra added by me, which are Agricultural, Productive and Seafaring - but allowing civs to build buildings during the game which bring out the cultural advantages - for example, Sparta will have better barracks and all Greek civs get an agora for improved trade and agriculture.

R8XFT should start a forum that way he could have things nice and neet

It sounds like a neat idea. Do I need to contact Thunderfall?

fans could follow progress and make suggestions easier and you could keep things nice neat and organized

I've seen it and it looks great. I've currently put in the Kylorin leaderhead that had been changed to Vercingetorix as the Gallic leader. Will the face on the new Vercingetorix look much different to the old one?

It will probably be the same Kylorin face that I made for BtS

fans could follow progress and make suggestions easier and you could keep things nice neat and organized
I second this motion, as much as you have going on at one time, at all times. Would be easier to keep track of everything.

I've turned out to be quite poor at Civ IV modding. I'm using the lastest version of TAM as a base. Adding new civs is no problem, but when I start to edit the techs (and therefore other files, such as buildings and units) the program crashes upon running. I've had a number of attempts. Obviously, I'm editing the XML files, but have simply set up 30 or so techs for the Anno Domini ancient era, with one tech "renaissance technology" to soak up the buildings and units that I don't want to assign to the ancient era. I've then just reassigned techs to the various units, buildings and the like - no editing of anything has taken place, just when they can be built.

It's frustrating. I've had a look through the various tutorials, but it's very disappointing when lots of work = CTD with no explanation.

Incidently, before using TAM as a base, I tried to edit the main game XML files to have the ancient techs I wanted, but also got CTDs.

I've turned out to be quite poor at Civ IV modding. I'm using the lastest version of TAM as a base. Adding new civs is no problem, but when I start to edit the techs (and therefore other files, such as buildings and units) the program crashes upon running. I've had a number of attempts. Obviously, I'm editing the XML files, but have simply set up 30 or so techs for the Anno Domini ancient era, with one tech "renaissance technology" to soak up the buildings and units that I don't want to assign to the ancient era. I've then just reassigned techs to the various units, buildings and the like - no editing of anything has taken place, just when they can be built.

It's frustrating. I've had a look through the various tutorials, but it's very disappointing when lots of work = CTD with no explanation.

Incidently, before using TAM as a base, I tried to edit the main game XML files to have the ancient techs I wanted, but also got CTDs.

I never really did anything else than graphic, you should ask an experienced modder to have a look at your xml.

hey ask Garret S. or keldath, zappara,Kael from ffh,Amra,strategyonly just to name a few I am sure they could give you some help(also Dale or grave)

justa thought

cool I hope civ4 modding doesnt frustrate you too bad because I would really like to try this mod out never got on civ3

Top Bottom