Any Colonization Mods like Victoria series (Paradox)?

I was asleep when I wrote my post. :)

BTW, how would I do dependencies? Example: Steel=2 coal, 2 iron, a steel mill + labor of some type?

1xCoal + 1xIron, no? That's how it was in Imp.

Labor would be represented by the worker being employed in the building. If you want a Free Colonist to produce Steel as if he generated 2 Labor in Imperialism, make him demand 1 Coal, 1 Iron and output 1 Steel.

What about Victoria Imperial Empires VIE

As Victoria games was the original inspiration and it is about empires instead of just colonies. (Differing from base game and RaR type mods)

Just modding simplicity. Maybe add the research and government types. The Imperialism captures the simplicity, although I am a Victoria fan.

As for the yield stuff, you need to change it in those 3 files(Is it 3 I never succeeded anyway!) in the source code and then compile the source code into a new .dll

If you have removed a yield like grapes. You will need to make sure you remove all references to YIELD_GRAPES in all other files.

One way to do this is using software like notepad++ do a 'find in files' search through your whole mod folder, and it will find every reference allowing you to them work your way through and delete everything.

So, just replace YIELD_GRAPES with YIELD_FRUIT in the three files?

I use notepad++ for my Diablo II/Paradox modding. Trying to get the hang of Win Merge.

Looked at your WHM...great stuff! So many professions. Could they be consolidated like Imperialism?

Labor would be represented by the worker being employed in the building. If you want a Free Colonist to produce Steel as if he generated 2 Labor in Imperialism, make him demand 1 Coal, 1 Iron and output 1 Steel.

Correct. My bad.

BTW, Great Game you linked to. I will need to download soon. Trying to stay free of distractions right now :D

Another question: Can professions be unlocked/upgraded/changed by technology? Maybe that can simplify the number of professions...

I had a hunch that it was one, but since it said two, I figured it would be two and didn't say anything. I should trust my own gut feeling more :(

It does make it easier to only consume a single yield of each type. It can be written as the following and should work just fine.
Code:
<YieldsProduced>
	<YieldType>YIELD_STEEL</YieldType>
</YieldsProduced>
<YieldsConsumed>
	<YieldType>YIELD_COAL</YieldType>
	<YieldType>YIELD_IRON</YieldType>
</YieldsConsumed>

Another question: Can professions be unlocked/upgraded/changed by technology? Maybe that can simplify the number of professions...
Yes. It's done from the tech itself. However since I have rewritten the tech xml file, you better wait with this change until I'm done with CivEffects. Any work right now would have to be redone once CivEffects are done.

With WHM my plan was to try and make every era carry enough changing stuff to keep the player busy with redesigning their empire through each era, having to deal with the shifting demographics, ideologies and technologies that shook the world.

Everything is open and up for debate.

We stopped work after developing a skeleton of the tech tree for the reason Night just mentioned above, so most of that work I gave you is theoretical.

Although I did create something like 97 yields in game! That was 'fun' but the Yield table in the city screen looked EPIC!

The other major plan in that mod was to have continent specific terrain and resources/yields so in order to get everything in game you would need to trade or establish a presence on every continent. As well as ideas of when you would be able to colonise and improve those different continents. (I may have even been inspired by Imp. 2 at the time because it was around then that I discovered those games and was like...This game is awesome! I still have it on my computer.. I really want to find someone to convince to play a multiplayer of it with me if that function still works!)

Again all just theoretical still, but most of what was needed had already been 'technically' done it just needed to be adapted for specifics.

With WHM my plan was to try and make every era carry enough changing stuff to keep the player busy with redesigning their empire through each era, having to deal with the shifting demographics, ideologies and technologies that shook the world.

I am down with this...one era at a time.

We stopped work after developing a skeleton of the tech tree for the reason Night just mentioned above, so most of that work I gave you is theoretical.Although I did create something like 97 yields in game! That was 'fun' but the Yield table in the city screen looked EPIC!

Ninety seven yields? Wow. That is a lot. Maybe we can use the M:C mod, distill your work in the WHM, use the Imperialism mechanics, and have a timeline from 476 to 1918?

The other major plan in that mod was to have continent specific terrain and resources/yields so in order to get everything in game you would need to trade or establish a presence on every continent. As well as ideas of when you would be able to colonise and improve those different continents.

LOVE THIS IDEA.

Of course, to simulate Imperialism 2, we would need an 'old world' map in addition to the Civ4Col map. That is, Europe is represented by an actual map, cities, terrain, etc.

Maybe sailing to europe could be the world market (like in Imperialism)instead?

I had a hunch that it was one, but since it said two, I figured it would be two and didn't say anything. I should trust my own gut feeling more :(

It does make it easier to only consume a single yield of each type. It can be written as the following and should work just fine.
Code:
<YieldsProduced>
	<YieldType>YIELD_STEEL</YieldType>
</YieldsProduced>
<YieldsConsumed>
	<YieldType>YIELD_COAL</YieldType>
	<YieldType>YIELD_IRON</YieldType>
</YieldsConsumed>

Yes. It's done from the tech itself. However since I have rewritten the tech xml file, you better wait with this change until I'm done with CivEffects. Any work right now would have to be redone once CivEffects are done.

In my knuckledraggin' opinion, finishing CivEffects comes first. I think we agree that one of each input commodity is best (as opposed to multiples of the same commodity as an input).

Yes, WHM is actually built on the M:C code (though out of date at the moment, waiting for the big civefects shift to be finished)

At one point fullerene watned to make a Russian Industrialisation Mod.

There is already a Classical Era Mod (Mare Nostrum) I used a lot of their yield assets :p

On the trade concept.

My dream plan was to use a feature currently in M:C that allows a building to be built that gives access to trade screens. Then there were a couple of options.

One was to have 'Trade Hubs' that exist in the world as cities that you can travel to and use to access an 'Area Trade Screen' like europe or america or (Insert Area here)

Alternatively was to have small 'spots' on the map that lead to area trade screens that you can build next to and 'take over' only allowing who you want to enter via that spot.

Both options would allow you to build up your own trade empire and control it by force of arms, turning it into a monopoly.

Both are already 'technically' possible. I don't know how to make the mapscript make lots of little 'spots' at the moment, but there was a map script for 2071 that made planets, and I am sure it is possible to mapscript four 'continents' with there own tile sets and trade spots as part of the deal.

But like I said, development paused, waiting for the .dll to become updated with the last big pushes like civeffects.

Top Bottom