Any good map scripts that work with VP?

So fun Communitas is, so luck luster it is. Imo it is very starting position depending and especially, if you play with the default setting, how lucky/unlucky you are with your landmass and neighbours.

In general, I think that pangea is quite the most balanced map script, if you sacrifize a lot of the naval game. But in my opinion, it is one of the easier scripts for the AI.

So my question, which map script would you recommend, if you want a very balanced setup? Sure continents would come to my mind, but yeah, played it too much. And please, no Donut suggestions, that map script is just boring ... ;)

Yes it's possible. All you have to do is locate the folder where the mod installed, for example "~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Tectonic Map Script (v 4)". Then you copy the .lua file (only this file) and you paste it directly in "~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps".

The mod changes a few parameters, such as the default number of players for each map size in the case of Tectonics, otherwise there's no problem running the map script alone.

Thank you so much. So as long as I pick the number of players anyway, and set my own preferences each game, there's nothing else major that the mod changes? That's awesome! Thanks again.

Communitas creates by far the most aesthetically pleasing scenery, but for game-play i prefer tectonic, less cramped and more options to tailor it to you play-style. Huge tectonic map is truly terrifying: runaways are often isolated by the sheer amount of space to cross to fight them, you can sometimes be on a continent by yourself, or have several close neighbors. Sometimes you can be cut off from everyone because of how far you have to travel to find an open coast. Do not play this with only 12 civs.

Top Bottom