1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any good map scripts that work with VP?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by code99, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

So fun Communitas is, so luck luster it is. Imo it is very starting position depending and especially, if you play with the default setting, how lucky/unlucky you are with your landmass and neighbours.

In general, I think that pangea is quite the most balanced map script, if you sacrifize a lot of the naval game. But in my opinion, it is one of the easier scripts for the AI.

So my question, which map script would you recommend, if you want a very balanced setup? Sure continents would come to my mind, but yeah, played it too much. And please, no Donut suggestions, that map script is just boring ... ;)

vyyt likes this.
  2. Animorganimate

Animorganimate Chieftain

Thank you so much. So as long as I pick the number of players anyway, and set my own preferences each game, there's nothing else major that the mod changes? That's awesome! Thanks again.

3. EriktheRead

EriktheRead Chieftain

Communitas creates by far the most aesthetically pleasing scenery, but for game-play i prefer tectonic, less cramped and more options to tailor it to you play-style. Huge tectonic map is truly terrifying: runaways are often isolated by the sheer amount of space to cross to fight them, you can sometimes be on a continent by yourself, or have several close neighbors. Sometimes you can be cut off from everyone because of how far you have to travel to find an open coast. Do not play this with only 12 civs.

vyyt likes this.