Any Multiplayer streamer/youtuber other than Yoruus?

hey guys,

first post from me on this board so i will use it as some advertisement :D.

later today (in like 2 hours) there will be a NQ game with yoruus, schumi, me and 3 other good players to see who gets the most lucky and the least manipulated one by yoruus.
if you want to see it live + chat with me you can come to twitch.tv/furo_flo
otherwise the game will be up on the known channels soon i think.

cheers and cu later if you have the time and want listen to a german talking english ;).

Watching some of these videos I see a lot of complaining about exploits involving CS's, but I don't quite get what they are -- can some MP vet fill me in on CS exploits/bad manners?

Yeah I'm playing some MP games and I've been breaking the game open with city states. Settle a 2nd city ~T20 or so? Don't mind if I do!

Also, apparently one of the NQers, Parv, is playing in the Yogscast game. I've come to the conclusion that he isn't actually very good, like he's worse than Lewis. First game, he lost a Great Scientist to bad barb luck, and maybe that threw his game so he wasn't playing his top game. Second game, he locked his city onto zero growth while building a scout.

Watching some of these videos I see a lot of complaining about exploits involving CS's, but I don't quite get what they are -- can some MP vet fill me in on CS exploits/bad manners?
There is a lot of luck involved in CSes.

To start, their placement is sometimes not optimal. you could have a number close to you, making demanding tribute much easier and faster (a single ruin to become a pike in early game is enough money to buy a settler or worker outright... before turn 10 this is quite an advantage). Barbarian camp clearing could also be easier for you if they are close since the camps also tend to be close. If you're lucky clearing one camp will get you 3 or so city state allies, a powerful advantage especially in early game...

Then there are "exploits" such as declaring war to steal a worker, some games ban this but then also if they are close you're more likely to find captured workers that you could return for more influence or take since the AI is so stupid at saving workers.

Just a few ways in which you can manipulate them, there are a million more.

You can position units in such a way to facilitate a barbarian capturing a CS worker and then liberate it for influence. You can try to liberate it in such a way that it gets recaptured immediately and you can liberate it again.

You can stay at war with a CS with a unit out of vision and capture a worker every time the CS builds one, as it will repeatedly move to the same hex. For some reason, influence actually regenerates when you do this, and if you wait long enough you are back at 0 influence when you peace the CS, despite having been at war for 60 turns and taken several workers.

You can demand tribute from CS and use the money to get ahead.

You can get a super early pantheon by discovering a faith CS.

You can repeatedly declare war and then peace, gaining experience each turn for your units that attack the city or CS units. You can alternatively take the city fairly easily with this strategy.

You can do lucky quests to get early allies with CS.

These events are commonly scorned, though I personally like them as they add another dynamic to the game. As long as random map-making is present, I think adding a different variant of randomness adds to the fun. On a mirror map that attempts to get 100% fairness, I agree that CS's along with ruins need to be gone.

The one problem with declaring and making peace within the to "dodge" CS attacks is that it ruins your ability to ally with other city states, as your influence will rapidly drop.

But it hardly matters, because it doesn't preclude your ability to send trade units or demand tribute (which I've found to be a massive increase to your effective gpt if done right).

Top Bottom