• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Any suggestions to have a diplomatic victory

wilwil

Chieftain
i play prince in a normal map with 6 rivals and tried not to conquer them with force
but at last i still fail and just got a cultural victory ...

should i use military force to increase my vote in UN in order to win diplomatically?

Unfortunately that's the best way, along with nuking the hell out of your opponents to reduce their votes. I think they messed up diplomatic victory in this game. War should not be the way to win diplomatically.

yeah i tried not to at war with them and hope they will vote for me
but that doesn't work
in fact they became stronger and either vote for themselves or abstain ...

They have to absolutely love you to vote for you. I've had them "friendly" with me with +9 relations and they're furious with my opponent and they still abstain. Not saying it's impossible to get them to vote for you. My one and only diplo victory I got two civs to vote for me. But I'm saying it's a helluva lot easier if you just go to war and capture a ton of population and nuke your opponent down.

Shillen said:
They have to absolutely love you to vote for you. I've had them "friendly" with me with +9 relations and they're furious with my opponent and they still abstain. Not saying it's impossible to get them to vote for you. My one and only diplo victory I got two civs to vote for me. But I'm saying it's a helluva lot easier if you just go to war and capture a ton of population and nuke your opponent down.

it seems that if they are too powerful they will not vote for you ...
i just don't want war :cry:

Thats about the option Im fixing to take. Blow the hell out of them and then run the UN elections. I havent been able to gather up enough votes. Ive given so much crap away I got nothin left to give. Now Im ticked. THEY WANT MORE?
I'll give them something all-right! (massive censorship)
seriously though, I havent been able to sway anough votes. It falls short by 3-10 points each time, and little pee-boy aztecs are abstaining. Their contribution to world peace would put me just over the top.. but they seem to be milking me for everything, and still not voting my way (just abstaining)
Im thinking about taking them out, absorbing their votes and tell the whole world to kiss the dark side of the moon.....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142181

You just gotta bribe the hell out of them...

If you're the tech leader in the game, you'll have plenty of ammo to spew out for a diplo win at the end...

Aim to get only the biggest voters that are friendly with your allies...

DO NOT trade with anyone the AI can't stand... If you do, cut relations with the weaker smaller civs before approaching to bribe the bigger ones...

Religion is a MUST if you want to secure a diplo win... You have to make sure they're your religion and stay that way...

Resources / military joint action will almost grant you a good friend over time good enough for some votes...

However, do not ever expect the 2nd place civ to vote for you... ALWAYS pick them as the enemy, and make sure they have less friends than you...

By the end, you should either war them before they war you to either gain large pop cities or like people say, nuke them...

War does win diplo in real life... Diplo is not determined by good faith, it's always the strength of your army that determines what others treat you as... So as far as it being broken? I doubt it... Nuking the planet is a bit far fetched, but how can you put nukes in the game and still be realistic?

maybe playing with more CPU will have more alternatives
i just play a normal map with a CPU of 6

btw i forgot to bribe the civ ... which may lead to failure in diplomatic victory

Shillen said:

not true... they will vote for you if they are just a bit more friendly with you than the other candidate. They will abstain if they are strong enough to still aim at their own victory. This is an obvious feature.

wilwil said:
i play prince in a normal map with 6 rivals and tried not to conquer them with force
but at last i still fail and just got a cultural victory ...

should i use military force to increase my vote in UN in order to win diplomatically?

You should point to religions, keep relationships friendly for most part of the game thanks to them, eliminate players who are unfriendly, bust most of all try to dominate the scene with power (doesn't necessarily mean you should use it, you should just have it). If other players that are not candidates are stronger than you or at least as strong as you it's unlikely they will vote you. It will also depend on the victory conditions. For example if you turn off Space Race you may have more chances to get a diplo victory, IMO.

onedreamer said:
You should point to religions, keep relationships friendly for most part of the game thanks to them, eliminate players who are unfriendly, bust most of all try to dominate the scene with power (doesn't necessarily mean you should use it, you should just have it). If other players that are not candidates are stronger than you or at least as strong as you it's unlikely they will vote you. It will also depend on the victory conditions. For example if you turn off Space Race you may have more chances to get a diplo victory, IMO.

probably i keep the same religion as most of them do until i got free religion
which i vote in UN to make them all turn into free religion too
i think i should eliminate those who are unlike by my friendly civ
i forgot this point and just want to keep away from war ...
btw i have selected either cultural or diplomatic victory for this game ...

Top Bottom