Any way for workers to actually change the tile type?

SaucyJ

Chieftain
I know workers can add/remove improvements, and add/remove woods, etc.

But is there any way for a worker to change, say, a grasslands tile to plains tile? Or a hill tile to flatlands? Or a flatlands tile to a lake/water tile?

It's theoretically possible but even if you tackle all the rather-complex issues with creating a new worker-action and associated button that fires off the needed lua scripting when appropriate, the game will not update the tile graphics until the game is saved and reloaded.

You will not likely be able to ever get the AI players to understand or use this capability properly, either.

For terraforming action, I'd try using fake improvement placement then remove them and change the plot types using Lua.

The other issues remain.

For terraforming action, I'd try using fake improvement placement then remove them and change the plot types using Lua.
This is probably the simplest method for dealing with all the interfacing issues with making a pushbutton and the like, and is probably the most elegant solution for eliminating the need for a custom version of unit-panel, etc.

Just too bad we're still living with no real access to the graphics engine and are not able to force a base-terrain update mid-play without the saving and reloading requirement.

Top Bottom