Any way to reduce effect of railroads?

The C3X mod on here works nicely - fixes bugs, improves the AI (especially with artillery and armies) and you can set the railway speed! I repalced railways with a paved road graphics for a fantasy version and gave them a speed of 6. You can't change the title production bonus as far as I can see though. I just noticed how old this thread is... Ha.

Is it possible to use this fix on with regard to certain scenarios? I have the mod installed, but would I need to adjust the config file for the entire game if I wanted to play a scenario that needed specific parameters (e.g., railroad speed).

Is it possible to use this fix on with regard to certain scenarios? I have the mod installed, but would I need to adjust the config file for the entire game if I wanted to play a scenario that needed specific parameters (e.g., railroad speed).

You may be able to edit the batch file and make multiple versions of it, beyond me though. At least it is an easy text edit when you change senarios - just make one config file for each version you want and rename them before you fire up. Best I've got.

The C3X mod on here works nicely - fixes bugs, improves the AI (especially with artillery and armies) and you can set the railway speed! I repalced railways with a paved road graphic for a fantasy version and gave them a speed of 6. You can't change the tile production bonus as far as I can see though. I just noticed how old this thread is... Ha.
Wait, wait. How does this work? I've never used the C3X mod.

Worth investigating. You can run it without modifying your exe files and all effects are optional using a plain text config file. At last the enemy approaches your cities sporting artillery support, plus adjustable anarchy time and a game crashing bug ironed out - the one that bombs the game if the AI tries to unload an immovable unit from a ship - boy it took me a while to figure that one out. You can set a maximum move on railways in squares. There is a post at/near the top of the this forum.

I almost forgot - it can also add stacking to worker actions and bombard, which saves lot of clicking when you want a dozen workers to clear a Jungle for example.

Last edited:
Actually, thanks for bumping it. I have been thinking that same thing about rail speeds. I do change the speeds of more modern naval units based on the size of the map. Currently, I am up to the speed of the carrier, destroyer, and cruisers being 12 without bonuses, but may go higher. I tend to like huge maps, 300 X 240 or more with lots of water, either archipelago or continents.

You're not alone there buddy!

I'm currently porting El Justo's Age of Imperialism to TETurkhan's Test of Time 2.0 362x362 map.

it can also add stacking to worker actions and bombard, which saves lot of clicking when you want a dozen workers to clear a Jungle for example.
This really should go into the new C7 project.

Top Bottom