Anybody else already knows he won't be able to play Civ6 soon after release?

That was more or less my situation when Civ V was released. Hang in there Krajzen.

I've been planning for Civ VI since the release date was announced:
-Extra Ram, SSD
-Updated to Windows 10
-Asked for TWO days off work (Monday and Tuesday)
-Already explained to my wife to expect nothing from me that weekend.

...on that wife thingy ...You do have a dog house right..:goodjob:

I'm taking my vacations traveling around Europe in ... October xD
So I won't be able to play until the 3 of November :cry:

I have an unfair advantage, I'm retired - always have Game Time!

I have an unfair Disadvantage, I have an iMac, so will probably have to wait to play anyway...

Haven't even turned on my 7-year old PC in months, but if anyone is seriously thinking about a new gaming PC, check out CyberPower.com - build to order, ship to home, pick your components and my last three PCs were from them (and no, I don't have stock in the company, have just from experience found that they give a good deal): just haven't seen a need to upgrade PC for too many years, now my Great Gaming PC of 2009 is a Mediocre Gaming PC of 2016!

I am in school too and probably will have a fair amount of work but I have one week of holidays the 21st in the evening! But i might just wait the 23th to play, just because it's my birthday and that would make a great day(well a great week actually)

I work on the week-ends so I won't be able to play as much as I'd like... Otherwise I'm good :p

Waiting for the Linux version and system requirements so I likely won't be able to play right away.

I am planning to buy a Steam Machine so that I can play Civ VI on a big screen TV. :D

Hopefully I won't have to wait too long. :p

Its going to be terrible for me, I also can't play it for a while after release...for several days actually....because I'll be on holiday.
Then when I get back I can play it in all its glory on my GTX 1080 and i7 6700k (4.7ghz), 32gb ram and SSD........I still qualified for this thread didn't I? :)

I'm stuck not playing for who knows how long.

MIL is living with us after a car accident on mothers day weekend. My spare bedroom with my comp has been taken over by her. No other place to set up comp.

Who knows when I will get PC access again.

My sister's wedding is the Saturday immediately after Civ VI release what would be a full day's drive each way but I'm flying Friday night after work instead of spending all day Friday & Sunday driving.
It still means I can't really play until after getting back Sunday afternoon.

(I've always like to start new games when I have a four plus hour block; even though when resuming an in progress game I only want an hour plus block.)

I might wait for the patches, fixes and mods, which may take some time - a few years :lol:

My sister's wedding is the Saturday immediately after Civ VI release what would be a full day's drive each way but I'm flying Friday night after work instead of spending all day Friday & Sunday driving.
It still means I can't really play until after getting back Sunday afternoon.

(I've always like to start new games when I have a four plus hour block; even though when resuming an in progress game I only want an hour plus block.)

I actually caught myself scheduling the work of my whole department around the release time so no important projects would appear. It's really just sick. I'm thinking of seeng a doctor.

I should be able to, but this thread just makes me sad for all of you :I.
Hope most of you can at least predownload

I am definitely not going to outright start it, as in, day zero but that's only because I will be patient until my time frees up

I'm thinking about preordering, but only if THEY RELEASE THE SPECS!!! :p

I'm not gonna play day 0 due to some previous commitments, but if my PC can afford to run it, I'll probably start my first game on the Monday following the release.

I'm taking my vacations traveling around Europe in ... October xD
So I won't be able to play until the 3 of November :cry:

Heresy, I know, but I wish I were in your shoes :p

I actually caught myself scheduling the work of my whole department around the release time so no important projects would appear. It's really just sick. I'm thinking of seeng a doctor.

See the Dr. before the 21st though. ;)

At some point during yesterday stream I saw a message in chat from Firaxis games that sys.requirements will be revealed soon.
That's about it though.

I've done things like that. If the pattern of expansions to Civ V and BE and XCom 2 hold I'm good. It should release 11pm local time here the 20th ( I hope ). I took off the 21st and the following week. I have about 33 vacation days to burn.

Well, I won't so much be unable to play as I simply decided not to. The game is madly expensive, it's strikingly ugly, and there will be no Poland in it, which was the only thing that could convince me to blow away a heap of money for the game.

I guess I'll buy it as a GOTY or something in ~2 years. It's going to be the first Civ game I will have ever skipped.

PS.
If you didn't get your reply on page 2 (cba to read it all there), Shaglio, all steam games from serious developers are released at "midnight" of your region, e.g. 00:00 CET for me. Release date of Firaxis games is always announced with a neat map, You should expect it in a week or two before release.

Top Bottom