Anybody else already knows he won't be able to play Civ6 soon after release?

I have an unfair advantage, I'm retired - always have Game Time!

Same here. Still, I won't buy it immediately; I'll wait for the users' reviews (we all know how reliable big gaming sites are) and then decide whether I should get it or should I wait for patch(es).

I've done things like that. If the pattern of expansions to Civ V and BE and XCom 2 hold I'm good. It should release 11pm local time here the 20th ( I hope ). I took off the 21st and the following week. I have about 33 vacation days to burn.

Nice! Vacation days don't really work for me. They expect you to travel somewhere during your vacation. I'm thinking more along the lines of kidney donorship. That way no one will ask you why you've spent a week locked up in your room.

I actually caught myself scheduling the work of my whole department around the release time so no important projects would appear. It's really just sick. I'm thinking of seeng a doctor.

Nothing to be ashamed of. Speaking as a "gamer", I will gladly say that I schedule my life around games. I don't game in my "free time", I make time for games. No need to see a doctor, at least in my opinion ;)

Hardware aside, I'm worried that Civ 5 with Vox Populi will have spoiled me as far as AI goes and I'll get bored of Civ 6 and go back to modded Civ 5 once I tire of the shiny new additions, until Civ 6 gets the fancy mod treatment too.

I am still very pleased with Civ 5 with all the DLC's and Expansions etc. Won't be unloading 60-80 dollars for new game. Going to wait it out for a full year and pick it up Next Winter when Steam has a major huge sale. That's how I picked up BNW DLC's and all the extras. It was like 13 dollars on Steam Sale at 66% off.

It will be hard to wait since I want to dive into the new series but I bought EU4 last December on Steam Blow Out Sale and still have not played it. Will learn this new game and work on it for a year until the price on Civ6 drops.

Brew God

I took the week of the 24th off so I should have a solid 10 days outside of what my wife makes me do. I'm in the same boat with my computer though so I've been looking for something on the mid range that can meet the requirements. Thankfully I only play CIV so it doesn't take a high end machine to play it which means I probably only need to dump 600-800 to get something decent depending on how much RAM and newer age graphics card I want to get.

Top Bottom