Anyone else getting choppy sound on videos? (eg for wonders)

phildo77

Chieftain
Anyone else getting choppy sound for videos like when you build wonders? I've got a AMD 2700+, GF6600 GT, 1GB RAM, Audigy 1 Platinum (in 5.1 mode). Just wondering if I'm alone and if not is there a solution?

Yes! Yes, I have similar problems. Unfortunately, I have no solution.

Run dxdiag.exe. Go to the sound tab and set sound hardware acceleration to off.

Turning off hardware accel, however, is not really a fix. I will try it but AOE3 (which has a rep for choppiness) doesnt do this.

I dont know what to think. Civ4's install did not ask me to update DirectX. I wonder if that may have something to do with it.

I have the same problem. I did, indeed, update to DX9c.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
GeForce 6600GT
2GB DDRRAM
Audigy 2 ZS

I'll update drivers tommorow.. see where that gets me.

Umm... I didn't have it at first, but after a few hours the vids were getting choppy sound.

i'm using my friend's comp 'cuz mine is shot (great timing, huh?) but it crashes everytime a wonder movie loads.

I had that same problem... I took of antialiasing and the problem desolved.

To bad I crash to desktop after a few minutes of playing... :(

I once experienced similar problems in another game (don't remember the name), and after much research, I found out that there was something related to the codec pack I was using.

I uninstalled my codec pack and installed another one and voilá! But I can't tell which one you should get, I guess you will have to test them out.

Is Civ4 in any way using BINK for the video playback/display?

I dont have Civ4 yet - have to wait until next week so I cannot test at the moment, even tho I want to PLAYYYYYYY! :twitch:

If I get it for the intro movie, will it be choppy for the wonders? What about the science guy from star trek?

I had some choppiness as well, and when I looked at my HD with Diskkeeper, Civ IV basically installed itself all over the place on my drive. Defragged it, and the problems went away.

Computer

Athlon XP 2600 (Barton)
1 gig Dual Channel RAM
nVida 6600 256mb
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer

Only with the startup movie, the one that you get each time you first load up the game from your desktop. Otherwise no movie problems so far (knock on wood)

Top Bottom