Anyone else having units move on the next turn after a ranged attack, as if attack had been a moving command

zyx

Prince
Range attack units move onto the tile I had issued an attack command by right-clicking with the mouse the previous turn, which is annoying as I just want the unit to attack not to move.
Any help/idea? Do I have to press the ranged attack icon?
Thanks.

i always press the attack button for this reason. at least i think its this reason, its been ingrained in me so long i forget if this is why i started. if you press the attack button it wont queue a movement command. you could also maybe right click to attack, then manually reselect the unit and hit the "cancel orders" button above the unit banner

The 'R' key for ranged attack is your friend.
I ran into the move instead of fire problem long ago. Decided I didn't like this type of surprise.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I've been having a similar problem with GDRs. However, instead of queueing a move, it executes a move instead, even though I'm confident I selected it's siege cannon, which is a problem when you're trying to take down cities with walls.

I always use Ranged Attack because that's what I want to do.

Ya I’ve been using the ranged attack button so long I legit forgot this was a thing

Top Bottom