Anyone know how to start with IA, while the AI starts on MA?

vmxa

Deity
Supporter
Saw a game, where the AI was started on Modern Age, while the player started on IA. Sounded like something to try, but I have no idea what they did to managed to start their civ on IA. It is easy to
start on MA for all, but I have no means to start my civ on a different age. Anyone know how I could do that?

Mods, move to anyplace you think makes more sense than this forum, thanks.

Hi vmxa, in my eyes this result could be achieved by the following steps:

1. In the Scenario Properties enable the option "Custom Player Data".

Scenario Properties.jpg

Now a new registry is available in the Scenario Properties: Players

Players setting.jpg

2. Now you have access to tons of settings for each civ in your game. Per example set player1 as the only civ for a human player, starting in the industrial era and all other players to be not available for the human player and starting in the modern era.

If this should not work (I have never done such a setting in my games) you can replace the setting "any" for a civ by the individual names of the civs.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

Or failing that, you could just ask @SuedecivIII for the .biq he used (I saw a video on his YT channel earlier this week that had almost exactly the same title as your OP, might have been his most recent Sunday-stream...?)

Last edited:
Hi vmxa, in my eyes this result could be achieved by the following steps:

1. In the Scenario Properties enable the option "Custom Player Data".

View attachment 702427

Now a new registry is available in the Scenario Properties: Players

View attachment 702429

2. Now you have access to tons of settings for each civ in your game. Per example set player1 as the only civ for a human player, starting in the industrial era and all other players to be not available for the human player and starting in the modern era.

If this should not work (I have never done such a setting in my games) you can replace the setting "any" for a civ by the individual names of the civs.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)
That should work. I have done some experimenting with that.

Thanks guys. I did leave a msg for Suede, but no answer. Civinator I almost tried the custom player data, but had no idea what it was, should have given it a shot. I am sure that is the way, thanks.

Thanks, I got the answer from Civinator, I should have posted it in here. I did a test and it works fine. I just failed to notice the new tab for Players, after enabling custom data.

Top Bottom