AOW: Planetfall

s.bernbaum

Mostly lurking
Does anyone here play "Age of Wonders: Planetfall"?

I recently downloaded it from GOG. Despite years of playing CIV, I cannot figure out a good bit of what is going on in this game. If you play it, do you know if there is a manual or instructtions file available anywhere? The in game "archives" are pretty worthless for figuring out the game.

(And "yes": I have played the tutorial and the practice game. They helped some but many mysteries in the UI remain.)

Not got it myself. But it did the rounds in my sub list on YT. Have you tried watching a LP? Thats usually a pretty good way of learning.

Thank you for your reply.

What does YT mean?

Where would I look for a LP. I have never watched one for any game.

YT = Youtube

You dont have to look for a LP - the video i linked you to above is episode 1 of a LP by Quill - who LPs lots of different titles but tends to focus on strategy titles. They are useful to watch particularly on more complicated titles (i.e. strategy). Just so that you can learn how to play the game. But many people just enjoy watching them anyway.

Something must have happened to your first post or my browser can't show it. There is no link visible to me, just a large blank area. I will try looking with a different browser.

Now I see it with a different browser..... Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been eyeballing Planetfall, since I logged more hours playing AoW3 than even I did Civ6. Based on this so far, I think I won't get it.

I got the game and play quite regularly. I have nearly clocked 300 hours.

There is a new expansion coming out: Star Kings.

Top Bottom