APOCALYPSE?

sbrown64

Chieftain
Hi
I have the apocalypse mode turned on. I played a 500 move game and the world didn't end? How do I see the apocalypse and the end of everything?

Regards
Stephen

Apocalypse tied to CO2 emissions. Apparently everyone went green and stopped global warming.

Also - "everything doesn't end" - the game does continue. It's just that you start getting fireballs (meteors?) hitting random spots every few turns (or is it every turn?). If they hit a city, the city and all its districts get destroyed.

I never saw this happen, but I suppose if you played an Apocalypse mode game to the point where fireballs managed to destroy all cities, maybe the world does effectively end. But you would also think that at the point where there is the cities (and units?) of only one civ left, that civ should just be declared the winner, I suppose domination if not other victory. Did anyone take a game this far?

Last edited:
Also - "everything doesn't end" - the game does continue. It's just that you start getting fireballs (meteors?) hitting random spots every few turns (or is it every turn?). If they hit a city, the city and all its districts get destroyed.

I never saw this happen, but I suppose if you played an Apocalypse mode game to the point where fireballs managed to destroy all cities, maybe the world does effectively end. But you would also think that at the point where there is the cities (and units?) of only one civ left, that civ should just be declared the winner, I suppose domination if not other victory. Did anyone take a game this far?

When it gets to the Apocalypse Stage, it's a Free For All, although on large maps it's unlikely that it will cause the end of the game unless you have really high turn counter, but eventually it will defeat all but a single player.

Hi
I have the apocalypse mode turned on. I played a 500 move game and the world didn't end? How do I see the apocalypse and the end of everything?
  1. Play a small map. (E.g: 6-Armed Snowflake).
  2. Turn off all victory conditions except Domination or Score.
  3. Chop trees.
  4. Build IZs and coal/oil/nuclear power plants.
  5. Use Soothsayers to create disasters. (On 6-Armed Snowflake there is only 1 active volcano. Kilimanjaro).
  6. Wait...
Eventually the climate system will reach stage 7.

Or, just play on marathon.

Last game, it was a race to finish sci victory as I was losing cities. (lost 8)

yes, just science, dom, score for VC

One thing I do is use firetuner to give all the CS flood barriers once the flooding begins.
(more for my convenience)

I build lots of coal plants, military units etc.
(and fire off all my nukes just before victory)
:D

I always play on Marathon but everytime I turned Apocalypse mode on, I never could reach the last stage, won before (I played normally though, I suppose I could have been going crazy on coal plants and Soothsayers just to see what it looks like...)

Top Bottom