1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Apollo ARC OCC contact win, steal science is OP?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by ggmoyang, Oct 28, 2014.

1. rune42

rune42 Chieftain

Just like how every sponsor has spies, every sponsor also has trade routes.
    ARC doesn't scale off number of cities, but neither does Polystralia.

If you have 1 city, Polystralia has 66% more trade routes, but does not have the option for the overpowered internal trade routes.

If you have 4 or more cities, Polystralia's bonus is less than 20% more trade routes.
    Meanwhile, ARC still has 25% faster ops and an easier time maintaining intrigue.

2. GhostSalsa

GhostSalsa Emperor

No, but that's why this is actually an instructive exercise - we're looking at a win time that doesn't rely on the most broken and in-need-of-a-nerf aspect of the game - we're seeing a win time that will still probably hold after the next patch.

The two lessons I see here are:
    -Steal science is a little too useful considering the high success rate - but not totally in the wrong yield ballpark. 258 OCC win potential is not a sign of a totally broken game.

-The AI needs to attack in this game. Apollo AI should be eating most OCC attempts alive. One ponders over and over again why Civ still even has military units anymore when the devs have tamed the AI to the point of not attacking defenseless targets on sight unless it doesn't "like" them.

3. Question

Question King

Thats not a failure of the AI, i wouldnt waste time attacking a target if it wasnt beneficial (especially with warmonger penalties) However AIs should attack if you are close to winning.

4. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

He did use Trade Routes as well. Getting your Agents going ASAP relies heavily on those Trade Route yields, so the time will drop (baring some other change) if Trade Routes are nerfed.

There's no problem with 250ish turn wins in any case. That's when the Apollo AI is likely to be getting close to their own wins. (How much a change to Trade Routes will affect them I'm not sure. Not as much as the player for sure.) Even though this was an OCC, it's relying on a system that doesn't really scale much with number of cities.

5. manatap

manatap Chieftain

Clearly they need to make steal science scale to the BPT of the faction you're targeting, instead of your own tech. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

6. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

Yes, I beelined Information Warfare virtue. I did go for industry then but not sure about this, my virtues weren't coming fast enough and didn't help much while building those expensive projects.

7. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Congratulations on your win ggmoyang! :goodjob:

25% of whatever tech you are researching is INSANE.