Apostles

Dave08

Chieftain
Been playing Civ6 for a while now, but have noticed that my Apostles, once having been in combat, don't heal very quickly or at all. Is this a bug or am I not doing something correctly. I'm using , I think, the correct button press to make the unit heal, but this doesn't seem to work. Any comments please.

I *think* Apostles only heal if they are on or adjacent to a Holy District but I'm not 100% sure. Do they heal at all or no?

Starwars is correct. They need to be in a holy district (Or maybe next to it works? Not sure). The heal button is always there, though, which is confusing.

Starwars is correct. They need to be in a holy district (Or maybe next to it works? Not sure). The heal button is always there, though, which is confusing.
Yeah, indeed, this catches you off guard at first. It's not enough you're in friendly territory, you have to be next to a holy site. But the heal button is always there. It's just another overlook by devs who haven't tested the game enough.

I could add that it's more bad design that AI holy units never head for a holy site to heal. You can see useless missionaries and apostles wondering around with very low health. The smart thing to do would go back home and heal, but they never do. The AI never heals it's religious units. I guess programming that would be wayyyyyy too difficult...

The upcoming new religious unit, the Guru, is supposed to be a field healer for religious units though, I think.

I *think* Apostles only heal if they are on or adjacent to a Holy District but I'm not 100% sure. Do they heal at all or no?
Don'T recall if I've tried healing them at or around a Holy district. Will try and come back. Cheers for the reply

Top Bottom