Are you "working"???!!!

As an evil overlord/postgrad student, I have a lot of time to waste on such frivolous and ultimately destructive pastimes like this forum. I really should be working now on some papers, but I will eventually get round to them. I think I won't bother procrastinating until tommorrow.
All my posting is done from my underground lair, so I need have no concerns about cow workers intruding upon my nefarious musings, nor any sense of reality either.:crazyeyes

As a 3rd year geology student civfanatics is so much more interesting than rocks...I haven't worked in a long while!

Employ me somebody! (though I don't get out of bed for less than £40000 a year...I don't get out of bed much!)

I wish I had more time to use a computer at all, its been a while. But theres only 1 comp at the sawmill I now work at and its not used for the internet.:rolleyes:

I work for a large transportation and warehousing company in the US. Since I am the boss I don't have to look over my shoulder, but I rarely have time at work to carouse around the boards. I usually check in beofre work while I am having my first (second and third) cups of coffee.

Ok Jiml_63,

You are a boss yourself, how do you look upon people doing this during work?

I think most people don't want to do this during work, they feel guilty but if you have nothing else to do.

No I dont feel quilty if my colleages (I hope I write it ok) are working and Iam surfing the web :D .
They do the same if Iam working and they are scrathings their buds with pensils (By the way I always use my own).

We have here three kind of jobs at this office and all got to stick with their own job. Easy isn't.

Just 5 minutes to go and I can go home and leave this DUMP. :D :D :D

I also post from work. Actually, I do most of my posting from Work.

Damn 28.8 at home :mad:

Just no match for the T1. :D

I spent 13 hours download a game demo. In 1 hour I had finished it. :mad: It was an awesome game too!!

But I've been working here for over a year now, and people know when I'm posting on CFC and when I'm taking calls, or doing both at once...while the clients PC is rebooting. ;)

I used to post at work, when I was in London. Actually, I was supposed to work but I spent my days on ebay and CFC. T2 connections were too tempting not to use them :D Yeah that was a while ago, when Cornmaster was still intelligent and Hippo a wise and slim pachyderm :D But now, I'm back to France, working for a telecoms company and I only post at home. sigh. And of course I'm not as active as formerly. I don't spam as much as in London. And in case you wonder, NO, I don't know how I managed to post so much. But it's just common sense. Spending 10 hours per day on CFC, guess the posting average...

And Corn, why the hell you downloaded demos? Could have asked me ;)

"Ok Jiml_63,

You are a boss yourself, how do you look upon people doing this during work?"

Provided the day's workload is completed, I do not have any problem with it. However, if my staff is cruising the web and the work is piling up, the plug would get pulled in short order.

However, I am fortunate to have a great group of people working for me so it has never been an issue.

I guess I have the best situation here. I don't worry about the boss because I AM the boss, heeheehee! No kidding! I own my own biz, so I post between jobs, or downtime, you know, when there's nothing to do. I sell technology products, and train folks in basic computer skills, plus, I teach people with disabilities how to use adaptive equipment for their computers.

My time is taken up intercepting bomber fleets...:lol:

But when I'm not, I work for a software house
(which I will not name)

As a 3D modeler and 2D artist!

I have designed the characters for 2 TV cartoons,
And since CIV3 was created using the same software
we use, I can use that as a pretext to track the game
on the web and post here!

Lady Fate can be kind (sometimes)

The rest of my life is classified to non-airforce personel.

Well, i am an assassin so it is hard to get to an Computer.... okay serious, HA i am only thirteen so i cant write from work!

Alright CurtSibling IF that's your REAL name. ;) What cartoon characters are yours?

Originally posted by floppa21
Alright CurtSibling IF that's your REAL name. ;) What cartoon characters are yours?

2 kids TV shows for BBC, (for pre-teens)
I'm legally not allowed to divulge the details!
(My boss would bust my head)

....and they'll never be seen on US networks anyway.

And yes Curt Sibling IS my real name.

But you can me ACE...
ENEMY ACE!

I have managed to go through my university career without using their computers there under my own name. I have never logged in to my university email account, and am waiting a few more years b4 I do, just to see how much is piled up. I use library search computers, and I have got on the Net 3 times using someone elses access, but apart from that, I keep business seperated from pleasure (as the harlot said to the bishop)

I always keep an Explorer window open at work so when things are slow I can see what there is to interest me at CFC, but yesterday one of the bosses came over and I hadn't bothered to shut it down. "Is that for Civilization?" he asks. Seeing as I had nothing to lose, I confirmed that it was and he started to reminisce about when he got Civ 1 for his home PC many years ago and then went on to talk about his current Civ 2 game. I gave him some tactical pointers as to waiting until you attack en masse and not doing it piecemeal like the AI does and also told him the glorious news about the advent of Civ 3. He nodded sagely and strolled off, but I can't see out of the window from where I sit so I don't know if he rushed down to the shops straightaway to order it. I'd like to think so...... :D

Top Bottom