• I like a part of it (post which one)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • PIE!!!1!!1!! (meaning I don't care)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Gaga1111

Warlord
As I mentioned in the thread "High AC=Bad for Evil Civs"
I dislike the current AC System a lot because the good civs don't ever have to face hell terrain which I think is extremly unfair because they are (or at least the majority of them) supposed to stop the end of the world, when they fail the the good civ(s) laugh at the sheiam of infernal or whoever wanted and brought armageddon becuase they have hell terrain and the good civ doesn't get punished nearly as hard as they are.

So my solution (on paper) would be that Hell Terrain spreads this way based on the AC:Immediaetly after Infernal pact is researched in Ashen Veil and Infernal Lands (although they're AV at spawn or at least I think they are),25 AC into unowned and AV lands,45 AC Evil,50 AC Neutrals,55 AC (when the "preservers" of the world-the good civs-screwed up) into good lands and 100 AC every damn tile except water,mountains and snow should be "hell-terrainified"(tundra too) because it says (at 100AC) blablabla "And so Hell shall become Erebus,and Erebus shall become Hell" or something like that.Also at 100AC I'd leave the number of living units dying as it is or increase it by a little if possible.Often in my (sheiam) games when the AC hits 100 my and everybody else's cities are close to the pop they had before AC=100 in 30-ish turns or so.If you think this is a little bit to catastrophic or just unfun I didn't mean to implentent it into the usual Fall from Heaven (not that I could with the feature lock) but to make it into a personal modmod of mine or a public one if people like it.
Now I only have two problems:
1.Where should I search for this to change it and
2.I actually ony know XML and I haven't worked with python so far so I could use a little help.:(

Not a bad idea. Albeit I am not so sure about the violence you imply, I like that the good civs would also get affected eventually.

What I'd like is maybe of a little boost that might benefic evil and (less so) neutral civs. Err.. I proposed a random "Demonic" promotions added to OO and AV-following units, increasing the likelyhood as the AC counter rises. These "demonic" promotion makes it more likely they will join the barbarian when the AC hit 90.

Maybe you're right about the violence I'll try to think of something else if really a lot of people (read the majority of posters in the thread) dislike it.The demonic promotion thing sounds like an excellent idea.

I'd rather go with hell terrain spreading equally to everyone. The good civs can more often cast sanctify to get rid of hell terrain. Perhaps each hell terrain square should have a given chance to spread in proportion to the AC.

I'm intruiged by the hell terrain spread. I think razing the cities is too drastic.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I don't think the razing of cities would be a good idea either, but large happiness and health penalties might be a good way to get a similar effect. (These would represent increased plagues, disasters, and such for health, and constant crime and violence for the happiness penalty.)

The amounts of unhealth and unhappiness might also be something that could hit good civs harder than evil ones. (In backstory terms, perhaps because evil civs are already violent and dangerous, and this are relatively less effected by Armageddon than good civs.)

I don't think the razing of cities would be a good idea either, but large happiness and health penalties might be a good way to get a similar effect. (These would represent increased plagues, disasters, and such for health, and constant crime and violence for the happiness penalty.)

The amounts of unhealth and unhappiness might also be something that could hit good civs harder than evil ones. (In backstory terms, perhaps because evil civs are already violent and dangerous, and this are relatively less effected by Armageddon than good civs.)

I kinda like that too..

Somewhat related to this is a prophecy of Ragnarok idea. I'm not entirely sure how to do this, or the exact balance of it, but it does seem that the prophecy mark promotion should provide some combat bonuses in addition to merely raising the armageddon counter. (I was thinking something like a damage aura, that causes a small amount of unholy damage to surrounding enemy units, and/or a direct combat strength bonus, though the exact details would be up for other people in their own modding.) This seems to fit with a theme of certain civilizations bringing on armageddon accidentally by their own attempts at power, rather than deliberately.

(It is based on a wildmana thread, among other threads with a similar subject, where the suggestion to make the Prophecy wonder evil only, so if this weren't done, the bonuses would have to be handled somewhat differently.)

OK I'm definetly NOT adding the city razing thing as really many people dislike it so far,but I have another Idea pretty similar,less destructive in a way.So Pickly mentioned adding unhappiness and unhealthiness in cities.I thought that it could be made so that the imidiate pop reduce stays the same but that you additionally get hit by a second blight (like the one from AC=30) and some sort of unhappines like "Arhh the world has ended" or something along those lines so players would spot why they suddenly have a bunch of unhappiness and those 2 would also stop the way to fast recovery of cities but make it go slowly like it's supposed to(at least in my opinion).I also like mcwill's idea on hell terrain spread maybe we could go with that or maybe not?If we went with it hell terrain could spread like this:0AC AV Civs and Infernal after Infernal pact-->25AC unowned lands-->50AC everybody else (good,neutral and evil) and of course at 100AC every tile except water,snow and mountains.So should it be more like this or more like my first idea just post a "I support the new idea" or "I support the old idea" in your post.Whichever gets 5 votes first will be chosen as a model for further discussion.

I would rather support second idea; but maybe leave some distinction between good/evil/neutral?
like 45 - evil; 50 - neutral; 55 - good

I would rather support second idea; but maybe leave some distinction between good/evil/neutral?
like 45 - evil; 50 - neutral; 55 - good

Sounds fine to me because there should be a little bit of a dsitinction.

What I was proposing in my earlier post was that every turn each square next to one with hell terrain have a certain chance to change to hell terrain. Just off the top of my head maybe the chance would be equal to the AC divided by 3. So in that case, say the AC is at 30. Each square would have a 10% chance of turning into hell terrain. If it was adjacent to 3 hell squares, it would have to check 3 times each at 10%. Of course you'd have to play with the numbers. Just an idea.

What I was proposing in my earlier post was that every turn each square next to one with hell terrain have a certain chance to change to hell terrain. Just off the top of my head maybe the chance would be equal to the AC divided by 3. So in that case, say the AC is at 30. Each square would have a 10% chance of turning into hell terrain. If it was adjacent to 3 hell squares, it would have to check 3 times each at 10%. Of course you'd have to play with the numbers. Just an idea.

Interesting idea. I think that we would need also new "starting points", so it would be like forest fires spreading in a time of drought - place adjacent to hell terrain will have a high chance of turning into hell, but there would also be new sources of hell terrain

Maybe some sources of hell terrain spreading could be: Dis (Infernal Capital),AV Holy City,bradeline's well and the broken sepulcher,of course after Ifernal pact is researched.Those are some location's which I thought were very tied to entropy...well except the broken sepulcher which is tied more to necromancy so it probably woudn't be a valid "source" of hell terrain but maybe it would be (I should check the lore on that).

EDIT:I checked the civilopedia and the broken sepulcher doesn't have any connection to the hells.

So I tried searching in C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Beyond the Sword/Fall from heaven 2/Assets/python/Custom Functions and I searched for anything mentioning "Hell" and found this:
Spoiler :
def doHellTerrain(self):
iAshenVeil = gc.getInfoTypeForString('RELIGION_THE_ASHEN_VEIL')
iBurningSands = gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_BURNING_SANDS')
iBanana = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_BANANA')
iCotton = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COTTON')
iCorn = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_CORN')
iCow = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_COW')
iEvil = gc.getInfoTypeForString('ALIGNMENT_EVIL')
iFarm = gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_FARM')
iFlames = gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FLAMES')
iFlamesSpreadChance = gc.getDefineINT('FLAMES_SPREAD_CHANCE')
iGulagarm = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_GULAGARM')
iHorse = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_HORSE')
iInfernal = gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_INFERNAL')
iMarble = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_MARBLE')
iNeutral = gc.getInfoTypeForString('ALIGNMENT_NEUTRAL')
iNightmare = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_NIGHTMARE')
iPig = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_PIG')
iRazorweed = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_RAZORWEED')
iRice = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_RICE')
iSheep = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_SHEEP')
iSheutStone = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_SHEUT_STONE')
iSilk = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_SILK')
iSnakePillar = gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_SNAKE_PILLAR')
iSugar = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_SUGAR')
iToad = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_TOAD')
iWheat = gc.getInfoTypeForString('BONUS_WHEAT')
iCount = CyGame().getGlobalCounter()
for i in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(i)
iFeature = pPlot.getFeatureType()
iTerrain = pPlot.getTerrainType()
iBonus = pPlot.getBonusType(-1)
iImprovement = pPlot.getImprovementType()
bUntouched = True
if pPlot.isOwned():
pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pPlot.getOwner())
iAlignment = pPlayer.getAlignment()
if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == iInfernal:
pPlot.changePlotCounter(100)
bUntouched = false
if (bUntouched and pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iAshenVeil or (iCount >= 50 and iAlignment == iEvil) or (iCount >= 75 and iAlignment == iNeutral)):
iX = pPlot.getX()
iY = pPlot.getY()
for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
pAdjacentPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
if pAdjacentPlot.isNone() == False:
if pAdjacentPlot.getPlotCounter() > 10:
pPlot.changePlotCounter(1)
bUntouched = False
if (bUntouched and pPlot.isOwned() == false and iCount > 25):
iX = pPlot.getX()
iY = pPlot.getY()
for iiX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
for iiY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
pAdjacentPlot = CyMap().plot(iiX,iiY)
if pAdjacentPlot.isNone() == False:
if pAdjacentPlot.getPlotCounter() > 10:
pPlot.changePlotCounter(1)
bUntouched = False
iPlotCount = pPlot.getPlotCounter()
if (bUntouched and iPlotCount > 0):
pPlot.changePlotCounter(-1)
if iPlotCount > 9:
if (iBonus == iSheep or iBonus == iPig):
pPlot.setBonusType(iToad)
if (iBonus == iHorse or iBonus == iCow):
pPlot.setBonusType(iNightmare)
if (iBonus == iCotton or iBonus == iSilk):
pPlot.setBonusType(iRazorweed)
if (iBonus == iBanana or iBonus == iSugar):
pPlot.setBonusType(iGulagarm)
if (iBonus == iMarble):
pPlot.setBonusType(iSheutStone)
if (iBonus == iCorn or iBonus == iRice or iBonus == iWheat):
pPlot.setBonusType(-1)
pPlot.setImprovementType(iSnakePillar)
if iPlotCount < 10:
if iBonus == iToad:
if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Hell Convert") < 50:
pPlot.setBonusType(iSheep)
else:
pPlot.setBonusType(iPig)
if iBonus == iNightmare:
pPlot.setBonusType(iHorse)
else:
pPlot.setBonusType(iCow)
if iBonus == iRazorweed:
pPlot.setBonusType(iCotton)
else:
pPlot.setBonusType(iSilk)
if iBonus == iGulagarm:
pPlot.setBonusType(iBanana)
else:
pPlot.setBonusType(iSugar)
if (iBonus == iSheutStone):
pPlot.setBonusType(iMarble)
if iImprovement == iSnakePillar:
pPlot.setImprovementType(iFarm)
iCount = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Hell Convert")
if iCount < 33:
pPlot.setBonusType(iCorn)
else:
if iCount < 66:
pPlot.setBonusType(iRice)
else:
pPlot.setBonusType(iWheat)
if iTerrain == iBurningSands:
if pPlot.isCity() == False:
if pPlot.isPeak() == False:
if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(100, "Flames") <= iFlamesSpreadChance:

Is this in any way relevant to what I'm trying.I'm asking because as I said I don't have any experience in python.
I said:
1.Where should I search for this to change it and
2.I actually ony know XML and I haven't worked with python so far so I could use a little help.

Maybe some sources of hell terrain spreading could be: Dis (Infernal Capital),AV Holy City,bradeline's well and the broken sepulcher,of course after Ifernal pact is researched.Those are some location's which I thought were very tied to entropy...well except the broken sepulcher which is tied more to necromancy so it probably woudn't be a valid "source" of hell terrain but maybe it would be (I should check the lore on that).

EDIT:I checked the civilopedia and the broken sepulcher doesn't have any connection to the hells.

What I would want are additional, RANDOMLY GENERATED (in the unowned teritory, I suppose) sources of hell terrain... For example, when AC reaches 50, then 60, then 70... each time there could appear new source of hell terrain (like new fire in dry forest)

Yes, that controls Hell. Plot Counter > 10 means Hell.

Thanks Xien I searched for the part where it says:

if (bUntouched and pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iAshenVeil or (iCount >= 50 and iAlignment == iEvil) or (iCount >= 75 and iAlignment == iNeutral)):"

and changed it to

if (bUntouched and pPlayer.getStateReligion() == iAshenVeil or (iCount >= 45 and iAlignment == iEvil) or (iCount >= 50 and iAlignment == iNeutral)(iCount >= 55 and iAlignment == iGood)):"

So I wanted to try it but I don't know how to make it work.I tried it twice,my first try was basically copying some stuff from the magister modmod and renaming it but that brought me to the usual bts starting screen and no sign of FfH.The second one was copying the whole FfH2 folder and renaming some stuff which then loaded up Fall from heaven 2 but when I started a custom game I had no GUI and therefore no chances to test the changes.

I think that Team Hell would want to kill the Evil civs last because Evil Civs help Hell come to Erebus! As you say, it seems that currently the evil civs are first in the firing line from Team Hell.

Having said that, maybe Team Hell wants everyone to worship them by adopting Ashen Veil and so functionally it is better to have Hell spread to evil lands first.

I think that evil civs should become more powerful than they were at lower ACs if they adopt Ashen Veil religion and cultural values (i.e. sacrifice the weak).

Did you keep a folder of untouched FfH when you did your second try? The base FfH has to still exist, with the same folder name, for the UI to work, specifically the "Resources" directory has to have an unchanged filepath, or you have to update with proper path in 2 other files if you want to use a moved one.

Top Bottom