Armies and Corruption

spoc148

hunter of rabbits
I have a few questions about armies and corruption...

Is there any way once you form an army to switch the type of units in it? For example, if I had cavalry, but then advanced, and wanted to replace them with tanks, how would i go about doing that?

Also, I was wondering is there any other way, besides the forbidden palace, courthouse, democracy approach to lowering corruption? I currently have all three in about all of my cities and corruption is tearing my empire apart. Is there any other thing I can do?

Thanks
Spoc148

I wonder if you can do that too. I have not yet found out how to break up armies, I end up disbanding old ones. The thing about corruption, it all depends on the size of your empire and your distances. I do not think you can do anything about it but I could suggest that you move your capital around and find the best position. Often if my capital is at one edge on the continent I choose to build the palace in the relative center. This reduces corruption but I find far away islands and smaller subcontinents have runaway corruption to the point where I would choose to disband the city altogether since it wouldn't do me any good.

1. You are stuck with what you put in them at the start, they can not be upgraded. The only exception to this is once you get the pentagon you can add one newer unit to your old armies. Outside of that the best use for armies with old units is mopping up enemy stragglers or disbanding them in a city for 100 sheilds.

2. Police stations and WLTK day also helps with corruption. You can also change different things with the editor to fight and/or eliminate corruption.

you can change armies if u have the originalo game i am not sure how but it says on this website under cheats on the main page

Older armies with more outdated unite (ie cavalry) are still usefull for things like attacking undefended recources, cutting roads, and attacking cities with outdated defense.

Even using the "Editor" to allow Armies to Unload does not work. Armies are not Transports.

WLTK does not necessarily work. I have never noticed a difference in corruption losses.

Corruption can be most effectively controlled by not having more cities than the "Optimal Number" of them. Exceed this value, and kiss your game good bye until you disband enough cities.

I have found that by giving corruption fighting ability to religious and financial improvements that corruption becomes much less idiotic. This is in lieu of giving the ability to ALL structures, which some people advocate. THAT would pretty much eliminate it, and that's not what you want.

Reputedly, Communism is better than Democracy at fighting corruption, but I haven't had a chance to check this. I do know that Communism is not for a growing Civ; only one that is already fairly well established.

From my experience, WLTK day DOES reduce corruption. I noticed once when some civ cut off my supply of a couple of luxuries and WLTK day stopped in most of my cities, that my income dropped significantly due to increased corruption. However it's true, that once you exceed the optimum cities limit, practically nothing can save those hyper-corrupted cities. :(

Communism is great for huge empires on a huge map. Then you get a fixed 30% (roughly) corruption for all cities below the optimum cities limit. In Republic and Democracy you can get practically no corruption in cities around the capital, but then the corruption increases quite rapidly with distance. So if you have a compact, well-established civ, then go for Republic or Democracy. If you have a not very developed but very big civ, then go for Communism.

Top Bottom