1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassins, Agents, Defection! Oh My!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: RPG' started by ice2k4, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal turned to face Sindar. He was grinning that most would consider evil. He jammed his blade into the ground and spoke to Sinda.

"Sindar! What a pleasant suprise! Have you honored my blade with the blood of the enemy?" He was going to enjoy this, he just knew it....

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Sindar looks at Vandal with a stiff look. "I need to know on which side you are on. I know enough to sort out that something rather unpleasant and undercover is going on. I have also noticed that your loyalty usually lies with those who can pay you the most. Do not take this as an offense. It is a conclusion based on what I know. If it is wrong, I would like you to clarify. Are you - at the moment - with or against the people of Arete?"

Sindar looks down at the dead guard. "Before I draw my own conclusions, I would like your words."

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal's grin disappeared as he spoke to Sindar.
    "I am not with nor, agaist the people of Arete. I am only agaist the government. I personally belive that thhe current Monarchy has become corrupt, and must be anihallated." His voice was now very strong with passion. In truth, Vandal was not a demonic, and cruel leader. In fact, he was somewhat chivalrous, for he would not throw his own men's lives away, but was indeed not afraid to slaughter his enemy.

Vandal picked up his blade and thenspun it around untill he was in a position to attack Sindar.

"Do you wish to fight me now? To kill me for haunting you? Or do you simply wish for me to leave you to your exploration?" Vandal Asked, waiting for Sindar's response.

4. Diamondeye

Sindar looks at Vandal over the blade Vandal holds between them.
    "I don't want to fight you. Ofcourse not. Even though I have more skills than it appears, and certainly more than the guards that are after you, I am certain I would be throwing my life away."
    Sindar actually manages to smile at Vandal.
    "However, you must realize that going around slaughtering people to get what you want is not the right way of doing things. I can understand if you feel the government is letting you down, and I have no need to throw my life in the defense of a king I don't really care for..."
    Sindar looks closely at Vandal.
    "I do, however, care for the people I think you are aiming for. I am thinking of persons supporting the Monarchy or who you believe are supporting the Monarchy.
    First of all, there is my brother. I know him very well, and I know that you know him rather well too. I count on you not to harm him. Despite his devotion and practice, he would not last long against a foe like you."
    Sindar continues, talking faster now:
    "Second, one of my good friends, Seidrik. I know he was the former king, and I know you, by principle, have something against him because of that. But if you attempt to kill him, I will not hesitate to attempt to kill you. Poisonious snakes, ambush parties, falling rocks and trees. You will be living the rest of your life looking back over your shoulder."
    Sindar has worked himself into a louder voice now, almost yelling. He turns it down a bit and looks at Vandal.

"Remember, you are the hero of the people. And they do not trust a man who kills innocents. I trust you will make no such atrocity. Am I right?"

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

All expressions leave Vandal's face as he loks at Sindar.

"HAve you any Idea of who I have killed?!" Vandal yelled He was now totally angry. "I have only killed those who have made an attempt on my life! Which happens to include, the Spanish, The Triad, sometimes the Dynasty, oh and most of all," Now Vandal seemed to laugh at this one," Those damn Reberth Dorato!" He was furious at Sindar. " I am not one to kill for 'fun', I kill to Protect my life, my followers, and my family! Yes thats true my Family. Cedric was a bad kid from the start, but his sister Silvia, heh,"Tears began to stream from his eyes," Those damned Triad took her away!!!" He collapsed in tears. Something no one would suspect from Vandal. He then rose, tears still falling. He then raised his blade and then appeared to Attempt to stab Sindar, but then he stopped and then turned, and walked away. And then turn aminute later and spoke" Watch your back Sindar, we'll meet again someday, count on it. And then Vandal dissapeared. Leaving Sindar speachless.

6. Diamondeye

Sindar stood shocked in what seemed like an eternity. He suddenly realized how hard it had to be to be Vandal. He had gotten a small glimpse of the human behind the killer. And that human wasn't enjoying things at all.

Sindar snapped back to reality. He stood with a sword in his hand, down by his side. About ten feet from him, the guard Vandal has killed was still laying dead. This could be interpreted wrong should anyone detect him here. He quietly left, leaving the city in the dark of night.

7. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Cyc sat motionless, hardly breathing, wishing his smoldering cherry in the pipe would snuff itself out. That and a faint wisp of smoke were the only signals that a person was in the space between buildings leading to the alleyway. Eyes wide in anticipation, he tried to remain calm while he planned what to do next. He reviewed his options. Sneak down to the alleyway/ remain where he was/ run like hell!? He decided to remain until he could no longer hear footsteps.

He had only wanted a quick smoke. The sturdy crate he sat upon served it's purpose well. He had not asked to be a witness to a killing. He had not asked to hear men bare their souls. He had not asked for trouble. But that's what he had found himself in.

The pipe was out, still warm it was slipped into a pocket. Rising slowly from the crate, suprised it made no noise, Cyc left the total darkness of the space between the buildings as he headed for the alleyway, checking first, then crossing it on his slink back to his office door.

8. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Cyc lit his small clay pipe with a burning twig...

It had been more than 10 days since he had last visited this sturdy crate. Leaning back he spied upon the spot of dirt where he had seen the Guard so deftly taken down for the last time. The Master of the Tribunal had attended the funeral of the fallen Guard. Seen his wife and children. Donated to the fund. He took another pull from the pipe.

It was an eerie feeling sitting there, replaying the events of that night, even with the mid-day sun shining down between the buildings. Strange, such a potent glimpse of time. Such a strong rush of emotion in today's memories of last week. But he had not seen nor heard of Vandal Warlord or Sindar since that time. No connection of the present to that moment of raging fear. It was not a topic for discussion, lest he give himself away. There was just this gap separating those minutes of being totally alive and the mundane existance of today. The only relief being a mere memory.

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal stood atop a the palace watching the funeral from afar. He had never attened a funeral before, but he would soon. His long-time mentor, Cylon, had died at age 102, in Edorai. Vandal had loved the man like the father he never knew, and it was sad to see him go. He had even heard that Hatshepsut herself, would be arriving in Arete, along with Cedric.

Cedric had always thought of Cylon like a father too, because Vandal didn't pay much attention to him. Vandal climbed off the roof onto the near-by statue of King Dutchfire. He stood atop his shoulder when his hawk came to him carring a message, from Andro, Vandal's seccond-in-command in his clan.

Dear Vandal,

I have found that your son, Cedric is coming to town, along with a large part of the Spanish treasury. Do you want us to attack?

Andro

Vandal crossed his arms and then wrote one word on the back of the message, Loot.