Assistance please!!!

thecaesar

Will appear randomly
I downloaded it, but when I load the mod, it just has the music and title, and otherwise it's exactly the same as the title screen of the normal non-mod game; I can't get to the game. Yoshiegg told me to go into the private maps folder and click on the map labeled "RFCEurope", but when I did, it said "Mods/RFCEurope is an invalid mod directory, ignoring" and then launched Civ. Then, after launching Civ, it said "the worldbuilder file could not be read".

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Folder not found" means that you did not install the mod correctly.

What you need to do is extract the .zip file. In there you will find a folder RFCEurope. You need to move that folder inside PATH_TO_CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods so that you have
Code:
PATH_TO_CIV4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope\Private Maps\RFCEurope.WBSave

The PATH_TO_CIV4 is usually something like C:\Program Files\2K Games\Civilization 4

Well, I unzipped it, but I just extracted it to the one it chose for me. I didn't install Civilization in Program Files, and I don't see anything like what you described; mine goes like this:

Computer/OS (C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Europe/RFCEurope

Maybe that helps...

Well, I unzipped it, but I just extracted it to the one it chose for me. I didn't install Civilization in Program Files, and I don't see anything like what you described; mine goes like this:

Computer/OS (C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Europe/RFCEurope

Maybe that helps...

It should be:
Code:
Computer/OS (C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/RFCEurope
And then right after that, you should see folders like Assets and Private Maps. Sometimes people get RFCEurope\RFCEurope folders which will not work.

Oh, sorry, I skipped one. It really goes:

Computer/OS (C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization Europe/Private Maps/RFCEurope

Yeah, cause the last one isn't a folder, it's the worldbuilder save. My bad!

But at the beginning, I did have a double folder. I had put it into a new folder I made, then there was another folder (compressed) named RFC Europe, then there was another folder inside the compressed one called RFC Europe. But I fixed that; before I fixed it, when I loaded the mod, it was EXACTLY the same as the normal title screen, except with the option "Unload Mod" at the bottom of the menu. After I fixed it, I got the title screen labeled "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Europe", and I got the music, but everything is still the same; I can only access the normal maps.

Usually how I access mod maps is by loading them from the "Beyond the Sword Content" section. I think my problem is how to load the map, because I can't find it, and when I try to load it directly from the folder, I get a bunch of error messages.

The Mod should be installed in:
Code:
Computer/OS (C: )/Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods/RFCEurope
Anything else is incorrect.

Once you get the main screen, you should select "Play Scenario" and the select RFCEurope on the list of available scenarios.

Top Bottom