ATI 6.14 Drivers

tristangreer

Warlord
It seems most of the people, myself included, who have the 6.14 drivers installed can get the game to work, most of the time. I looked on ATI's website and could not find those drivers for download. I'd recommend that anyone who can find them post the link and let everyone try those out.

I have the 6.14.0010.6575 and can't get the game pass the "check XML" on the 2nd splash screen.

I have 6.14.0010.6436 (English) and it plays but most of the terrain is blacked out, and the leaders look like my avatar.

ATI users probably should NOT download the newest catalyst 5.10 drivers. I had the 6.14 drivers installed, and the game played, although it slowed down toward the endgame. In hopes of fixing this, I downloaded the new drivers, and guess what? I get the renderer error that everyone else is getting! Word to the wise, try the 6.14 drivers instead of the new catalyst 5.10 drivers.

tristangreer said:
ATI users probably should NOT download the newest catalyst 5.10 drivers. I had the 6.14 drivers installed, and the game played, although it slowed down toward the endgame. In hopes of fixing this, I downloaded the new drivers, and guess what? I get the renderer error that everyone else is getting! Word to the wise, try the 6.14 drivers instead of the new catalyst 5.10 drivers.

where can i get the 6.14 all i see on ati page is 5.10

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I can't find them on ATI's website.

With as many ppl that seem to be having the problem, I think the most wise thing to do is just wait, fiddle around with what you feel comfortable fiddling around with, and hope that Firaxis comes up with a solution.

The 6.14 does NOT correspond directly to the driver version, so don't go looking for 6.14 drivers; they don't exist. If you have the Cat 5.10's (the latest, disregarding the small openGL revision they made the other day), dxdiag should display 6.14.0010.6575. If the last 4 digits are lower, you've got an earlier driver.

(P.S. Carver: 6436 is almost a year old, I'm not suprised you're getting missing textures, etc. However, upgrading may get you a render error instead, so at this point I dunno.)

I've got a 9800 Pro 128M with the 5.10 (6.14.10.6575) drivers (as far as I know, those are the latest) and no probs with video. Runs smooth as silk.

Guess what, I'm an idiot. Don't listen to me :)

Top Bottom