1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Attaching a Modifier at the Game Level

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by isau, Feb 23, 2018.

1. isau

isau Warlord

I was having a look at the new Modifiers in Civilization 6 Rise and Fall and spotted something I didn't see saw before--Modifiers other than Diplomacy modifiers attached at the Game level, as opposed to being attached at the Civilization, Leader, Building, etc level. The only example of this I can find is the Government building modifiers, shown here in Firetuner:

upload_2018-2-23_19-1-19.png

It seems to implemented by using a CollectionType of COLLECTION_MAJOR_PLAYERS. What I don't know is if that is enough to instantiate the Modifier and make it active during a game. All other modifiers in the game require you to attach them to something, but this Modifier is attached at the Game level making it fundamentally different:

Code:
            <Row>
                <ModifierType>MODIFIER_ALL_PLAYERS_ADJUST_GOVERNOR_POINTS</ModifierType>
                <CollectionType>COLLECTION_MAJOR_PLAYERS</CollectionType>
                <EffectType>EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_GOVERNOR_POINTS</EffectType>
            </Row>

Anyway, just wanted to make note of it. I haven't used this Collection yet although I can think of some situations where it might be useful.