1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian PBEM.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - PBEM Games' started by classical_hero, Mar 15, 2005.

1. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Word run in from the west, our mighty warriors continue to cleanse the savage scum from the heights and now bathe off the battle grime in the waters of a new sea ... In the south our warriors shadow the movement of Olmec forces ...

Heed this my peoples ... the big western waters shall be named Gold and the eastern sea shall be called Iron ... let it be so from now until the end of time's cycle when Huehueteotl's Flame is relit ...

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Could you please resned the file because it cannot read it?

3. classical_hero

Thanks for the resend. GPS to the Incans. We have met the Olmecs, soon we shall met the Aztecs.

4. James I

James I Victory at Sea...

GPS

A mighty city is founded on the peak of a Mountain.......its name (i didin't change it!) is one from a similar Mountain fortress!!!!!

Barbarian scum are rounded up, and our scouts move out of Moche territory looking for new lands.....

5. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Be calm my people ... Our brave warriors exploring west are being irritated by the pesky hill savages ... we believe that their nests are in the high north ... reports from our stealth warriors indicate that the Olmec forces continue on their northward journey ...

Spoiler Lurkers Only :
    I am thinking that this may be an interesting concept to incorporate occasionally into the game ... makes it fun for lurkers ... I will write some behind gameplay information down for you guyz ...

:lol: you can even PM me if you think I'm making glaring errors ...

:mischief: actually this would also be fantastic if I need a replacement player ... my game password sits betwixt Iron and Gold ;)

Actually I think that it could work psychologically (vs other players) in my favour as well :D

Lurker Report

:cringe: My capital went into revolt due to population pressure ... 1 turn away from settler being produced ... have adjusted entertainment in city ... Damn ... Have to watch that ...
    I want to quickly build cities down south ... and beat the Olmec expansion ... lucky they are moving south with their settler and not west ... once this has occured I will settle up north ...
    I am exploring slowly in the north but I will wait for the discovery of Enslavement (3 turns) ... :evil: and then Jaguar Warriors will harvest those barbarians ...
    Should have researched this tech before Ritual Sacrifice ... :sad:

Hope you enjoy and play nice :goodjob:

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

6. James I

For those of us who are backwards.... how do i set up a preview thingy????

I have no secrets at the moment, but would i trust the other players later in the game??? :p

7. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

If you mean spoilers ... follow this link and it explains all the thread posting options ... this page ... bottom of the page ... pity it is not a sticky somewhere ... ;)

8. classical_hero

^^^ Just look below you and you will see that their is a link towards that page. You will see that when you go to posting rules just below when you tyoe for a quick message, you will see something that will say vB code is on. If you click at it, you will get that page.

Back to the game. We poped up a hut and got a useless map. :mad: Gps to James.

@ Chief IronGold. I beat you to Enslavement, I got it this turn. :p I also know the Toltecs and the Omlecs. Soon we shall meet.

9. James I

GPS

The Incans feel very lonely here with just the Moches!

Some barbs killed!

10. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

We will find the nests of these hill savages ... and squash them as we would the ant and flea ... The Olmec have built a city to our south ...

spoiler]
    Spoiler Lurkers Only :

:nono: This is only for Lurkers or if I give other players permission to view ...

Lurker Report

My capital settled down and a settler was produced ... Enslavement (2 turns) ... and then Jaguar Warriors ... watchout :D

I will send settler down south near the dreaded Llama mountains ...

Note - if barbarian Camps are found try to keep and use them as a testing or proving ground for novice warriors ... :)

Hope you enjoy and play nice :goodjob:

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

11. classical_hero

We have found a conclave of savages. We shall destroy them. GPS to the Incans

12. James I

GPS

for the lurkers, here is a bit of common knowledge.....

13. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

From atop the high peaks we have spied a Hill Savage Nest ... our warriors have been dispatched to 'civilize' the northern reaches ...

Xilonen the great god of corn has seen fit to bless both our cities of Tiatelolco and Tenochtitlan with his bounty ...

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

14. classical_hero

GPS to the Incans. I have destroyed a barbarian encampment. This pleases me very much as I now have 25 more gold in my account. :D When I last so the score, Chief IronGold was last of the human players, with me first.

15. James I

GPS

Some more barbs seen......

16. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

These Barbarian savages to our north must breed like the pest rodent ... Fear not, our warriors will stamp them from our lands ...

Our nation grows ... roads built ... mines sunk ... the land plowed ... we grow richer ...

I am still having the Red Dreams :mad: ... ripping the beating hearts from the still screaming ... lately those struggling forms who beg for mercy are draped in blue ... it is as if these blue ones have affronted the Aztecs ... are the gods sending me a vision of things to come? ... I will go to the temples to consult with the holy orders ...

Our friends the Olmecs whisper of strangers to their south ... we eagery await the visitation of these new peoples ...

Spoiler Lurkers Only :

:nono: This is only for Lurkers or if I give other players permission to view ...

Lurker Report

Yeah - Enslavement ... and capital is producing Jaguar Warrior in 4 ...

Next Tech ... Monachy (Think I can trade the rest) in 22 turns
    :mad: The Olmecs won't trade they have Masonry and Craftsmanship and offer 14gp +1gp per turn for Enslavement ...

OK ... Next Tech ... Masonry which gives new resource Quarry (needed for temples) ... and I'll trade the Tech so they may get tough with my neighbours :)

Treasury now 73 ... pushing research @ 90% so Masonry in 4 turns

Barbarian Camp found I will keep and use them as a testing or proving ground for novice warriors ... also Goody Hut just above ... hope its techie :p

Hope you enjoy and play nice

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

17. classical_hero

GPS, to the Incans.

18. James I

GPS

a scout races to avoid some pursuing barbs.......

19. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Barbarian Hill Savages move about in our territory ... the 3rd Warriors have been dispatched to teach them respect ... while the 1st Archers close the distance to a Goody Hut ...

We still await the coming of these civilized strangers that have been spoken about ...

The Red Dreams have changed ... the victims wear no distinctive garments ... the blood spurts hot into the face of the new sun ...

Spoiler Lurkers Only :

Lurker Report

Jaguar Warrior in 3 ... Settler in 1 ... Masonry in 3 ... Treasury = 71 gp ...
    Aztec 1st Archer is moving, will take Goody Hut in 2 ... :)
    Settler in position near Llama Mts ... city next turn ... :D

Hope you enjoy and play nice

>
    >
    On to the Mayans

20. classical_hero

GPS. You two might be nightowls, but i need some sleep, before going to church.