Auto-Exploring

RegentMan

Deity
Is it just me, or are units on auto-explore in BTS just plain stupid? After scouting the area around my capital, I set my explorers on auto-explore, and in Civ IV and Warlords, they'd be fine. But in BTS, they go back and forth between two tiles in a corner next to an AI when the entire north of my capital is covered in black.

Anyone else?

I agree with you Underdawg... that makes me mad that they dont heal before exploring again.

On another note about doing things auto... when you set workers on auto they dont run away from the enemies like pre-bts. Or is that just me?

It's broken, plain and simple. How the beta testers missed it I've no idea.

That's right about the workers too but I hadn't acknowledged it until Nailo said it...

Yep, broken... and I assume/hope it is already a known bug and on the fix list for a patch. Best thing for now is to control the explorring unit yourself.

Ya that made me mad when i saw 4 of my workers get killed by ONE enemy unit... I thought "hey they are on auto they will run away by themselves" I was wrong

and since im not to into micro management i have to build more workers just to make up for the lost workers... but i will live

I think you guys had Better AI installed.

I've noticed now too that my workers won't run away... and they didnt for me in Warlords either until I installed Blakes Better AI mod.

I'll toss my 'agree' on to the pile. Explore is busted in bts. I watched a ship set to explore sail back and forth between 3 tiles over and over and over instead of going anywhere on the huge unexplored map.

I have not had any mods installed.

I'm off to find the thread about automated workers and their fort fetish now :)

Top Bottom