Automatically Crashing

BlueHat

Chieftain
Hi,
I made an account just to post here, because I really want to get the Communitas Mods working. I feel like I have read through a lot of resources and done a forum search, yet I still cannot solve my problem.

So I came to you almighty leader(s)!

Specs:
Mac OSX 10.9 Maverick (up to date)
Macbook Pro
Civ 5 downloaded from the Mac App Store with BNW (up to date)
Mods: Communitas Map, CAT, CIN, CEG - all downloaded from the wiki page. (versions 1.4,3.7,3.7,3.7)

Problem:
I start the game, go to mods, enable all 4 options, wait for it to install/load, click single player, click set up game, advanced, standard everything, continents map, advanced all off. Then I click Start Game. The loading screen appears but the entire game crashes and thats as far as I can get.

What I've Tried:
Ive read the Common Checklist page, deleted caches, moduserdata, only have one version installed, have tried loading each separately and then playing but crashes every time (except when all CAT, CIN, CEG were out of the mods folder, then I could play a normal game with the Communitas Map successfully).

I followed the Bug Report thread instructions on how to attach a log file (attached).

Can you help me stand the test of time, can you help me play a game with Communitas Mods? :king:

Thanks in advance, I'll be checking frequently to see if we cant get this thing started!

Attachments

• Lua.log.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 243
Nothing in your lua.log. Could you post your database.log and xml.log files? Do you have the G&K expansion? Is the Apple Store updates synced up with the Steam updates? Would it be possible for you to share your game's patch number?

Hi, thanks for being so quick! I attached the 2 logs you requested. I do not have the G&K expansion. I don't know if Mac Store version is 'synced' with Steam. I'm not really sure what that means though. If I had to guess I'd say the Mac Store one has nothing to do with Steam. How would I find this patch #?

Attachments

• Database.log.zip
    1 KB · Views: 253
  • xml.log.zip
    1 KB · Views: 260
Maybe this is what you meant?
1.0.3.18 (112297)

I went ahead and uploaded a few pics:

Okay, so you are 1 hotfix behind the windows Civ 5 update (v144). And because of that you are missing the column ShowInTechTree which fixes the duplicate fishing boat entries.

To fix this go to and add the following line to CAT\_Project\CAT_AlterTables.sql line 396:

PHP:
ALTER TABLE Builds			ADD ShowInTechTree						boolean default true;

This should allow you to run the mod but because you are 1 hotfix behind, I cannot guarantee you that this mod will work correctly for you. However, you can complain to Aspyr about how they're always behind in their releases.

Because you don't have Gods and Kings you will also get the no slider bar bug for the tech tree, however you can fix that by going to the following link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12908983#post12908983

You're a genius! This worked great. I am not playing :)
Until The updated version is available would you recommend I do anything for downloading other mods?

THANK YOU!

Top Bottom