AutoTrade Techs?

MarkC1

Warlord
I'm new to civ 4, is there a way to auto-trade techs? If I don't check techs every other turn, the AI tends to trade techs with itself and leave me far behind everyone else tech wise. Doing this has become a real chore though... any suggestions?

I'm new to civ 4, is there a way to auto-trade techs? If I don't check techs every other turn, the AI tends to trade techs with itself and leave me far behind everyone else tech wise. Doing this has become a real chore though... any suggestions?

No but some mods let you know when the AI has new techs to trade.

If there is one thing that is not a good idea to automate in this game, it's techs.

Something like BUG or BUFFY (which has it built in) mod will tell you when an AI is willing to trade techs w/o going into the screen and is probably a better option.

No, you can't automate tech trading. Take decisions at that level away and you might as well just automate the entire game.

There are mods which will assist with knowing which AI has what tech available to trade. You could also turn tech trading off, or switch to "no tech brokering" which significantly reduces the amount of tech trading.

I use the No Tech Brokering option for this reason. It's a lot less stress to not have to check the new tech scene every turn. You still have to keep up with it, but it's not so drastic. I also prefer the way it shapes the game.

I use the "No tech brokering" option to reduce that otherwise quite mad throwing around of technologies by the AIs. I also use the BUG mod to inform me when techs become (un)available through trading.

Top Bottom