AW's Minor Nitpicks Mod Collection

Yet another thing I noticed with the Egypt UA mod. It affects all civilizations because the lua doesn't have something making the dummy buildings to be applied only if you're Egypt

Yet another thing I noticed with the Egypt UA mod. It affects all civilizations because the lua doesn't have something making the dummy buildings to be applied only if you're Egypt
Yeah. Needs to be changed to this in the lua (or something very nearly like it):
Code:
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(
function(iPlayer)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if not pPlayer:IsAlive() then return end
	if pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() ~= GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"] then return end
	for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
		pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_E_UA_R, (pCity:GetNumNationalWonders() + pCity:GetNumWorldWonders()))
	end
end)
And the hidden building needs to be changed to this:
Code:
<GameData>
	<BuildingClasses>
		<Row>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_E_UA_R</Type>
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_E_UA_R</DefaultBuilding>
			<Description/>
			<NoLimit>true</NoLimit>
		</Row>
	</BuildingClasses>
	<Buildings>
		<Row>
			<Type>BUILDING_E_UA_R</Type>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_E_UA_R</BuildingClass>
			<GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
			<Cost>-1</Cost>
			<FaithCost>-1</FaithCost>
			<PrereqTech>NULL</PrereqTech>
			<CultureRateModifier>5</CultureRateModifier>
		</Row>
	</Buildings>
	<Building_YieldModifiers>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_E_UA_R</BuildingType>
			<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldModifiers>
</GameData>
Culture is non-functional in <Building_YieldModifiers> without one of whoward's fantastic fixes-all-the-Firaxis-omissions dlls. Also, AW, you should generally give a hidden building a description tag because there are certain conditions in which the game will look for a description tag in order to track all buildings that do "X", and a building without a description tag can cause game lock-up in those few specific cases.

The second one should be Attila's Court 2: Electric Boogaloo
But you got my reference, right? ;)
Egyptian UA Rebuilt has got to be the most broken AWMN mod in the history of forever. :/ I'll probably fix it in the next update, but I update very scarcely due to the sheer bureaucracy needed to upload a mod.
(Seriously, it probably takes a good 25+ minutes to rebuild the mod collection and upload and then make all the front page changes - or it at least seems that way. Quite bothersome maintenance.)

So, the more requests come in, the sooner I'll get the fix out. We're up to 12 minimods now!
I believe that I still haven't made a scout cavalry mod for Kraken98, so I could include that, although I still don't know how exactly he envisions it...
And an update for the Netherlands UA Xtended mod is probably in order.

Three mods (all sort of similar) that I almost always use that may fall into this category are the Iroquian City Names and Celtic City Names mods by gordonlucas, as well as the Better Polynesian City Names mod by Pouakai. I think their names speak for themselves; they replace the existing Anglo-Saxon Celtic city names, the English and French Iroquois city names, and the Polynesian city names that are actually countries/islands with more culturally-accurate city names.

Are you still considering peoples requests? If so, I'll throw a few here... from those I desire the most to those I can wait a long time for :D

1st: Citadels should be non-contiguous [aka: a citadel should not allowed to be adjacent to another citadel, just like the French Chateaus]; hell, if I could mod, I'd make them require at least 2 or 3 tiles between them. Atilla and Gengis love to spam Citadels, which not only sucks but also makes the map super ugly.

2nd: The Aztec UB, Floating Gardens, should not require the city to be adjacent to lakes. Instead, it should require a workable lake tile - just like stables require workable horses/cows/sheep, not that the city be near them.

The river requirement should probably be mantained, thought.

3rd: Positive diplomatic modifier from trade routes, like in Civ BE ["We share a mutually beneficial trade route"]. Is it possible? There are so many ways to become enemies with the AI, I feel this one would even the odds...

4th: Would it be possible to make a mod that forces the Fish resource to spawn in pairs? If not, maybe steal the create an Algae bonus resource [Civ BE has it]... I think the coasts really need more love.

Also, if Atolls could be more common and "improvable" somehow, maybe worked by boats and receive bonuses from Harbor and Seaport... it would be nice...

5th: This one is a combo:

• Change to Aztecs UA: instead of culture, gain faith from kills.

• Change to Austria UA: no more Diplo Marriage - instead, gain culture from kills [former Aztecs UA].

• Diplo Marriage: avaliable to everyone, make gold and alliance cost x3 compared to what it is now. There is a mod that already does this 3rd element, but the change made to Austria's UA is very poor, imo.

6th: Add gold to the list of resources that can spawn in tundra; if silver and cooper can, why not gold? Also, a lot of gold was found in Yukon, Alasca - a land which, from what I saw in the map, seems to be 80% taiga, 20% tundra:

The fact is that in Civ 5 tundra seems to represent both the actual tundra and a terrain called taiga, which is not much better, but has trees, fruits and other stuff, while tundra has almost nothing, nada, niente. While production needs can be eased by wood camps in forests and flat mines - if there are enough, in both cases -, the avaliable Deer is just never enough. Even the ocasional farms [when a river is near] can't save the day. We simply need more food, and that's where berries/fruit can come in. Same for the extra fish, if possible.

7th: Lumber Mills give -1 food +2 production, instead of +1 production; would this be possible? :deal:

I am still taking requests :D Just no one has had any for a while.

#1 is... Maybe possible. It would be simple enough to tag on the code that prohibits adjacent improvements from the château to the citadel, but whether or not that will actually prevent the player from being able to expend a great general next to an existing citadel, I'm not sure. But I'll try.

#2 is possible, I'm pretty sure. I'll do it.

#3... doesn't sound possible.

#4 is possible, because I know other people have modded resource spawning; it is, however, outside of my personal capabilities.
Atolls, however - though I can't make them more common, I think I can make them improvable, if you'd care to be a bit more specific as to what you had in mind exactly.

#5:
#5.1) Impossible without DLL modding
#5.2) Definitely possible
#5.3) Also impossible without DLL modding (Thanks, Firaxis!)

#6 I'm pretty sure is possible, so I'll do it.

And #7 is also easily doable.

So to summarize: 1, 2, 6 and 7 are easily doable, 3 and 5 are pretty much impossible as far as I know, and half of 4 is doable but not by me. I'll get started on those 4 doable ones though.

Thank you very much!

PS: don't worry about 5 at all, after playing with Austria I understood how abusive diplo marriage can be. I don't want that in my games anymore lol. Besides, I got the "Aztec Faith" mod from SushiSquid and it is perfect. :)

Can't promise I'll get them out soon though - I'll be out of town without the computer with all my modding data until Monday.

Sorry to abuse your good will, but I'll post a few more requests :p

8th: Banana plantation also give +1 production:, instead of -1; keep the food as it is. Currently, no one improves bananas because of the +2 science [University] and + 1 culture [Sacred Path] from jungle. Bananas are full of potassium, making people more productive! Banana plantations give jobs to the people, which is also productive! Banana is love, banana is life! :D

Summary of results with this mini modification:

Banana [all] + jungle + uni + path + granary = 5:c5food: 2:c5science: 1:c5culture:
Banana [plains] + plantation + granary = 6:c5food: 2:c5production:
Banana [hill] + plantation + granary = 5:c5food: 3:c5production:

Unimproved bananas are still powerful, but at least not better than the improved ones. It becomes a matter of choice.

9th: Fertilization gives +1 food to ALL farms, instead of just those without fresh water.

10th: Operation Save the Lancer. And their brethren: Sipahi, Hakkapeliitta, Winged Hussar!

These guys don't have the same bonus vs mounted as the Pikeman do! OMG they're horrible, with just the 33% from Formation.

Lancers 25 + 33%= 33 vs Cavalry 34... anti-unit losing to its intended target? This is absurd! Pikes are 16 + 50%= 24 vs Knight 20 !!!

The only way to save Lancers is to remove Formation [33% vs mount], replace it with the same trait as the Pikeman [50% vs mounted] AND buff their base damage to 30. That's how they can fight like:

Lancer [30] vs Rifles [34] = lose
Lancer [30] vs Gats [30] = draw
Lancer [45, due to 50%] vs Cavs [34] = win

11th: Dance of Aurora very needed buff: +1 production for tundra tiles w/o forest. Ever spawned in [or had to expand into] tundra without any forest nor hills? I did, it sucked... people think scarce food is the worst of tundra but it isn't, because there is always a deer of fish here and there, plus rivers for actually nice farms [civil service]. But hammer? Oh man... if you can, please gift us with this.

PS: leave the +1 faith as it is :)

12th: Desert Folklore flavor buff: +2 culture from Oasis. OP? Maybe, but it makes sense; the belief is called folklore, which to me translates as culture. Also, Oasis were very often the center for everything [culture, comerce, etc] to the peoples of the desert. I love them, they're so beautiful and rare... its not like they're already thaaaat good, they're just ok. Depending on the desert you spawn in they're actually the only saving grace.

PS: leave the +1 faith as it is :)

I'm too lazy to check the code right now but I think they should all be possible... except maybe #9, but I'm not sure. I just got back from what I guess is most easily described as a camping trip and I'm too tired to do any heavy thinking right now. :p But I'll try to get them out eventually.

Thank you very much for the Spain-Egypt-Siam Icon Color Swap mod. It looks good, but now Spain's cities have the Inca (I think) icon and Egypt's have the Arabian icon. I haven't checked Siam's yet. Could you have a look, please?

Whoops. That might be because I forgot to change the AlphaIconAtlas tag along with the IconAtlas tag. :cringe:
(Experienced modders are laughing at me, non-modders just shrug because that made no sense to them)

Can someone remind me what I have yet to do? I've kind of lost track with 20 mods to maintain :crazyeye:

Can someone remind me what I have yet to do? I've kind of lost track with 20 mods to maintain :crazyeye:

Here you go:

1st: Lumber Mills give -1 food +2 production, instead of +1 production

2nd: Banana plantation also give +1 production, instead of -1; keep the food as it is

3rd: Operation Save the Lancer [and their brethren: Sipahi, Hakkapeliitta, Winged Hussar], remove Formation [33% vs mount], replace it with the same trait as the Pikeman [50% vs mounted] AND buff their base damage to 30

4th: Dance of Aurora very needed buff: +1 production for tundra tiles w/o forest

5th: Desert Folklore flavor buff: +2 culture from Oasis

6th: Add gold to the list of resources that can spawn in tundra

I'll be honest, I'm kinda desperate to grab the 1st and the 2nd... :twitch:

OFFICIAL UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Added: Gold Deposit Spawn Edit Mod
Added: Lumbermill Yield Change Mod
Added: Operation Save the Lancer Mod
Added: Wasteland Pantheon Buffs Mod
Updated: Spain-Egypt-Siam Icon Color Switch Mod

Comment: I honestly thought I had already released GDSE and LYC. :confused: But apparently not.

Welp, that's it for this round of AWMN work. I like to update in chunks, because updating AWMN requires a lot of tedious bureaucracy to update (~20 min even to change just 1 letter? Not doing that very often...), so I prefer to update in big chunks like this. I guess I'll get back to modding my new civ... and maybe get a teaser out today. ;)

- My name is AW and I approve this message.

Thanks!

Top Bottom