Bajor - Star Trek Map

Smellincoffee

Trekkie At Large
CIV3- YOU WILL NEED to convert this to a .bix if you play PTW

This is a map of Bajor, a fictional planet (obviously) in the Star Trek universe. The map is from the DS9 Companion. It was rendered by Alan Kobayashi for that book, being drawn by Robert Wolfe and Bradley Thompson of DS9. To quote Wolfe, the map's original creator:

"I drew some arbitrary continents, two large land masses and one small one, with an equator down the middle. I thought that would probably do it. The shorelines are fairlyt random. I tried to put a lot of interesting coastlines on there, but the decision-making process was pretty arbitrary. For a long time we put everything in the northern hemisphere. Then I started trying to figure out things to put in the south. If you compared these places with episodes, you'd probally find that the early seasons are on the top and and then they start to move lower."

I placed moutains, rivers, large forests where they were indicated at by the map's legend. There was one area labeled "outback" that I turned into a desert/floodpain mix. I tried making all of the islands worth settling- and goody huts are on most of them. One Trekkie thing- if you read The 34th Rule , you know Gallitep Prison was in the middle of a frozen wasteland. So if you see some tundra squares up north surrounded by grassland- behold, Gallitep Prison. Feedback is much appreciated- I'm still a novice at map-making, so feedback on starting locations and resource distribution is appreciated. The minimap will be attached first, and I'll reply leaving the zip.

Attachments

• minimap.jpg
    minimap.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,562
And here's the map.

Edit: forgot the readme.

Attachments

• bajor.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 262
I'm working on a Large one. :)

Top Bottom