Balance Suggestions

onomastikon

Dual Wielding Banjos
I'll start off with this suggestion here:

- "Hurrying" production via Leaders needs to be reworked. As it is, Leaders are like an on/off switch: they immediately fill all of the missing hammers needed. That means it makes sense, if you have acquired a leader and want to rush a Wonder, for instance, to delegate that wonder to some low-production fringe town and have the leader complete it instantly. I would like to see GLs Hurrying greatly increase the production of a city by multiplying that city's production by a large amount; if, however, that city is not producing much at all, it should not be enough to finish a Great Product.

This should also help eliminating some of the human's great advantages over the AI by eliminating possible sources of exploitation.

Your suggestions?

I agree! I never quite understood how landing Sun Tzu in some border town could help them build the great wall in just one turn. I would rather see a leader contribute some sort of smaller production/commercial/scientific/cultural bonus to a city in perpituity. For example, if you gained Henry Ford as a leader, you could use him to gain a 50% hammer production in one city for as long as it exists. That makes sense to me: having a great industrialist in that city would attract other new industrialists, upping production...

I agree. But then, I always found that all the "great leader" was completely artificial and illogic.

Top Bottom