Barbatos 0.33

slowcar

King
Just a quick question:
I had my capital 3 squares away, after some turns my culture expanded around it.
I never opened borders with anyone because i feared that an AI unit would just walk in there and let barbatos destroy my capital.
Would they do this? Or is there some built-in intelligence that tells the AI "no, no, bad golem, never walk there"?

Btw, is the death mana available after Barbatos is killed only? Or would a river nearby make it usable?

And a related question: Are the gargoyles that are spawned by the guardian allowed to enter cultural borders?
I saw it on turn 40 near the calabim, set it off with my scout, they did't destroy the vampires though :(

i love to rob graveyards near my enemies in MP and spawning 3 str8 gargoyes would be much better :)

Decius had barbatos spawn in his capital. He died on turn 50 or so when his worker decided to build a road to the death mana there...

And a related question: Are the gargoyles that are spawned by the guardian allowed to enter cultural borders?
yes. Thanks to them I lost at turn 8 in my first 0.33 game.

I've had a game with Barbatos on the other side of some mts from one of my cities but within my cultural borders. Since there was a river running along side him connecting to my cities I got the death mana and just left him here to guard it.

He spawned 2 tiles from the Hippus capital in my current game, and wiped them out before turn 100. I tried to send in Hill Giants to kill him (after the Hippus were gone--I couldn't get Pact of Nilhorn in time), but lost one to a pair of Earth Elementals and had to retreat.

It would really suck to have this spawn next to my capital in an MP game. I've seen it happen next to a Clan capital and they were quite happy with him, but I never play barbarian types.

This reminds me of a request: Is there any way that you could code in the respawning of defeated civs? I really liked that feature in Civ3. I tend to play on Earth2 maps, and when a civ gets defeated I go into the map editor and give them a Settler, Worker, and 3 Warriors somewhere that isn't colonized yet (usually Australia, I try not to put them in the New World if I don't have to). But I wish I didn't have to use the map editor to have this occur!

Yes, it's possible; see Rhye's and Fall of Civilization. However, it was done on a pre-made custom map that included all sorts of fun scripted events, for an excellent mod.

yes. Thanks to them I lost at turn 8 in my first 0.33 game.

I died on turn 3 in my first 0.33
The settler spawned near the guardian, an on his way to a great starting location, he woke up 3 gargoyles on turn 1...:lol:

So much for a quick game of FFH2 :king:

You know whats even worse on that loss:
I got a almost perfect start (exept for the guardian pass)
lots of flood plains, resources and a tech hut which matched my plans on turn 1 after settling.

I discovered something even worse than Barbatos in the early game. Frostlings that spawn right next to your capitol on turn one. My warrior started a few tiles away and I never even had a chance to move him after they spawned. It says my game lasted a full 1 second. Frostlings shouldn't be spawning before you can even move your starting unit to your capitol.

Whats this guardian everyone is talking about? (I am still looking for the Sailor's Dirge).

Whats this guardian everyone is talking about? (I am still looking for the Sailor's Dirge).
It's a unique feature that spawns on Peaks, the Guardian of Pristin Pass. It spawns 3 barbarian Gargoyles the first time a unit walks near it. Barbatos at least stays where he is, so you can run away. The Guardian's gargoyles are pretty much a death sentence.

IMHO

I like to be surprise even with a destructive start like barbatos or the gargoyle.

What a pleasure if you could avoid the trap ?
If you lose ? no problem : that's life (gaming life)

I consider barbatos and the red dragon as bonus, because they are providing you with a very good defense.

What is missing : the IA must learn to avoid the nasties like us.

regards.

Thanks Pyro, havent seen it yet.

IMHO

I like to be surprise even with a destructive start like barbatos or the gargoyle.

What a pleasure if you could avoid the trap ?
If you lose ? no problem : that's life (gaming life)

I consider barbatos and the red dragon as bonus, because they are providing you with a very good defense.

What is missing : the IA must learn to avoid the nasties like us.

regards.

I like Barbatos when playing as a barbarian player, as far as the dragon goes...barbarians spawned in his city have enchanted weapons right?

I've had a game with Barbatos on the other side of some mts from one of my cities but within my cultural borders. Since there was a river running along side him connecting to my cities I got the death mana and just left him here to guard it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You totally made me burst with laughter. Very nice! :lol:

Top Bottom