1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

BAT install error with steam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by mcmoor, Jul 5, 2017.

1. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

I just bought Civ 4 complete edition and i already install bug and bull mods with Civ4:BTS. When I tried to install the BAT it says that the installer can't locate the registry of the civ bts. When I install it anyway the game won't load at all. Only after I uninstall BAT again I can run the game again normally

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

The reason that installer won't work with Steam versions is that I do not have Civ4 on Steam, and as such, I have no idea what the registry keys are to have the installer check them.

However, all is not lost. Go to SourceForge (The same page as you got BAT 4.1) and download the .ZIP file of BAT 4.1 and unzip it into your "BTS\Mods" folder, wherever that is under Steam.

Try that and let me know if it works, k?

3. mcmoor

mcmoor Chieftain

But isn't with that way I must load the mod every time I play the game. Is there any way that it become the default just like the BUG mod?

Anyway, thanks for replying!

4. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

Because BAT is a stand alone mod, you have to load the mod each time you play.

To get it to start along with BTS (and I don't know if this works for Steam versions), is to edit the Civilization.ini file in your BTS directory and change this line:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
    Mod = 0

to

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
    Mod = Mods\BAT Mod 4.1

That should allow you to load BAT each time you load the game. If you want to play with other mods, you can either unload BAT when you start the game and reload the other mod, or change the Mod = back to zero and load the mod after you load Civ.

I hope that answers your question. :)