Eric Bell
Scott Gorham
Gary Moore
Brian Robertson
John Sykes
Darren Wharton
Midge Ure

traights Militaristic & Religous

how about Parent Organizations for the Barbarians ;)

I love this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so cool...

I just have a tiny request...

I see we have great bands from several rock\metal genras but I cant really see any Gothic here...

I think that Nightwish should be in as well...

UU could be Kinslayer or wishmaster or something like that...

I will come up with some more constructive later today ( I need to sleep)...

If nightwish is implented as well all my three favourite bands will be here. Nightwish, system of a down and children of bodom.. :D

Just a question: the techs will be like different music styles and instruments and stuff like that right???

what about this:

Culture is converted into Popularity and only ways of winning is domination or conquest... that would be cool..

well good night...

KoRn expansionist and religious, somehow, IMHO, I don't see how these two traits fit them. System, religious possibly, but not KoRn.
BTW, System is against military (something like that). Their songs are political, that doesnt mean they are for them. In fact if you listen to their lyrics, P.L.U.C.K I believe, that's about the armeinan genocied (sp is wrong, deal). One of their songs is called War? . Somehow I don't think that song is pro-military.

Anyway, my thoughts.

BTW LOVE the smoke on the water!

@computerdude113
I change the traits, what would fit to KoRn?
There are 3 kinds of bands, 1)easy to pick traits, 2)not so easy to pick traits 3)too easy to pick traits
(Every trait would fit to Iron Maiden)
Industrious because of all those albums
Commercial because of great shows and many #1 albums in Top 10/20/whatever
Expansionist because they are so popular
Militaristic because of, Mercenary, Tailgunner, Trooper, Aces High, Killers and many more songs
Religious because of songs like, Fallen Angel, Sign of the Cross
Scientific "Godfathers of Heavy Rock"

Could someone give me leaders, UUs and Traits for all bands in the list (1st page)

Hey ville!! what bout answering my post??

BTW: System of a down should be religious and militaristic...

Originally posted by Sir John

1) I see we have great bands from several rock\metal genras but I cant really see any Gothic here...

I think that Nightwish should be in as well...

UU could be Kinslayer or wishmaster or something like that...

2) Just a question: the techs will be like different music styles and instruments and stuff like that right???

3) Culture is converted into Popularity and only ways of winning is domination or conquest... that would be cool..

Sorry:)

1) I will add Nightwish, but who should I remove? (EDIT: The Who shall I remove:p)
2) It's just standard tech tree right now, I don't know if I change the tech tree, when this is ready, someone can do that and post here
3) I had the same idea but that's also not in current plans.

BTW What could be the space race?

Originally posted by Sir John
BTW: System of a down should be religious and militaristic...

I think it could be religious and scientific because SOAD plays so many kinds of music styles

just one question, WHERE ARE THE GRATEFUL DEAD?!?!

Good question, I don't know;)
There are only 31 bands so I can't add every band to this mod

The basics of Led Zeppelin and Thin Lizzy have been added, I still need Led Zeppelins UU and Traits, Thin Lizzys UU

thx for adding nightwish... Ill come with a UU\city list soon...

I agree with soad beeing scientific..

Trait help:
Industrious: Many albums, many songs, or many albums released in the same year (Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath etc.)
Commercial: Many #1 Albums/Singles, great shows (Iron Maiden)
Religious: Religious songs (or anti-Religious;) ) or then like Sex Pistols, preferred govt is Anarchy:D
Expansionist: Very popular all over the world (Beatles)
Scientific: Pioneer of it's genre (Sex Pistols) or mixes many genres (System Of A Down)
Militaristic: Aggressive or pro-war songs

That's just my opinion but I think it's not that bad

BTW KoRn needs traits. Maybe Mil. and Rel., don't know.

Nightwish

Leader: Tarja

UU: Wishmaster, Kinslayer or Century Child

GL:
Tuomas
Marco
Emppu
Jukka

Capital: Angels Fall First

City:
Bless The Child
End Of All Hope
Dead To The World
Ever Dream
Slaying The Dreamer
Forever Yours
Ocean Soul
Feel For You
The Phantom Of The Opera
Beauty Of The Beast
Over The Hills And Far Away
Tenth Man Down
Away
Astral Romance
She Is My Sin
The Kinslayer
Come Cover Me
Wanderlust
Two For Tragedy
Wishmaster
Bare Grace Misery
Crownless
Deep Silent Complete
Dead Boy's Poem
FantasMic
Stargazers
Gethsemane
Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean
Sacrament Of Wilderness
Passion And The Opera
Swanheart
Moondance
The Riddler
The Pharaoh Sails To Orion
Walking In The Air
Sleeping Sun
Elvenpath
Beauty And The Beast
The Carpenter
Angels Fall First
Tutankhamen
Nymphomaniac Fantasia
Know Why The Nightingale Sings
Lappi
Lagoon
Ever Dream
The Wayfarer
Deep Silent Complete
Sleepwalker
Nightquest
The Crow and the Warrior
Burning Flames' Embrace
The Carpenter
Red Light in My Eyes part II
Only Dust Moves
Oceanborn
From wishes to eternity
Century Child

oh yeah.. and the traits:
Industrious and religious

Thin Lizzy UU Celtic Swordsman reminisant of Emerald from the Jailbreak album.

Led Zeppelin traits Scientific, Expansionist
UU Zeppelin - its the only thing I could think of

You should add J.R.R. Tolkien to the great leader list for Led Zepplien.

Pehaps, the advances could be different instruments. The insturments would be from the age that they are from. For example The ancient age would have ancient instruments like the lute or harp.

Then the governments could be different genras.

I'm not sure what the Improvements would be but the Wonders could be different Contracts, Concerts, Festivals, or record companies. Some Examples: Woodstock, Ozzfest, Capital Records.

Any Music Historians out there?

Only civilopedia to do for Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin and Nightwish

Nightwish Civiliopedia Entry:

The idea of Nightwish was "born" in July 1996 at midnight when Tuomas was spending a night with his friends around a campfire. The first three songs, which were acoustic mood music, were recorded between October and December 1996. At that time the band had three members: Tuomas, Tarja and Emppu.

We wanted to try what the music would sound like if drums were added (Jukka came to the band) and an electric guitar was used instead of an acoustic one. After a couple of weeks of training we went to studio in April 1997. At that time we recorded seven songs which can be found on the limited edition of the album Angels Fall First.

In May 1997 Nightwish signed a recording contract with Spinefarm for two records. In August Nightwish went to the studio and recorded four new songs. Before the release of Angels Fall First, a single called The Carpenter was released and at its best it was number eight on the official singles chart in Finland. Angels fall first was released in early November and it was at its best number 31 on the official album chart in Finland.

Nightwish played their first gig in Kitee on the 31st December 1997. After that Nightwish played only seven gigs in the following winter because Jukka and Emppu were in the army and Tarja was busy with her studies. Nightwish and Spinefarm extended the contract to include three records instead of two.

In April 1998 the filming of the first video, The Carpenter, started. It was ready in early May and was played in Jyrki. Tuomas and Tarja were also interviewed in that show (this happened in late May). In the following summer the bassist Sami Vänskä joined the band. During the summer songs for the new record were rehearsed and the band went to studio in early August. The recordings were finished in late October. On November 13th, Nightwish played a gig in Kitee of which a video for Sacrament of Wilderness was filmed. A single of that song was released on November 26th and the new record called Oceanborn was released on December 7th.

Everybody was surprised by the success of Oceanborn. It went up to fifth place on the official Finnish album chart and the single Sacrament of Wilderness was the number one on singles chart for weeks. In winter 1999 Nightwish played a lot of gigs all around the country for three months and played also in the Lista chart show program. In spring Oceanborn was released outside of Finland. In May the band started to play gigs again and toured the country for two and a half months playing in almost all of the big rock festivals. At the same time the single Sleeping Sun was recorded, which was written for the eclipse in Germany. In august the single was released in Germany and it also included the songs Walking in the Air, Swanheart and Angels Fall First. In Germany alone the single sold 15.000 copies in one month. In august Nightwish learned that Oceanborn and Sacrament of Wilderness had sold gold. At the same time it was confirmed that Nightwish would do a European tour of 26 gigs with a German band called Rage.

In early 2000 the band entered the studio again for the recordings of our third album. A welcome interruption to the repetitive studio work came when we took part in the Finnish qualification for the Eurovision Song Contest with the song Sleepwalker. Nightwish cleared the first round of the qualification but the final position was second despite an overwhelming win in the public televoting.

The new album, Wishmaster, was released in May and the Wishmaster Tour started from Kitee, the home town of the band. After the show the band received gold discs for the album Oceanborn and the singles Sacrament of Wilderness, Walking in the Air and Sleeping Sun. Wishmaster went straight to number 1 on the Finnish album charts and stayed on the pole position for three weeks. In those three weeks it also reached the gold disc mark. Wishmaster was approved by both the fans and the media and it was named the album of the month by the German magazine Rock Hard in their issue 6/2000, past the long-awaited new releases by Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden.

Wishmaster also debuted in the national German charts at No. 21 and No. 66 in France! The "Wishmaster World Tour", which started from Kitee, continued first to the big festivals in Finland and then to South America in July 2000. The three-week tour in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Panama & Mexico turned out to be one of the band's greatest experiences so far. This was followed by successful shows at Wacken Open Air, Biebop Metal Fest and the first headliner European tour with Sinergy & Eternal Tears Of Sorrow. In November Nightwish also played two shows in Montreal, Canada.

The next project of Nightwish included the making of a full-length concert DVD & VHS with a limited live album (only for Finland). The concert was performed in Tampere on the 29th of December 2000. The material was released in April 2001 in Finland and worldwide during the summer of 2001. At the end of the show Nightwish were given platinum discs for "Wishmaster" and gold discs for the single "Deep Silent Complete"!!!

In March 2001 Nightwish entered the studio again to record their version of Gary Moore`s classic "Over The Hills And Far Away", with 2 new songs and a remake of Angels Fall First's "Astral Romance". The Finnish release for this EP was in June 2001. The german (Drakkar) version of "Over The Hills And Far Away" includes 6 live tracks in addition to the 4 unreleased songs.

Nightwish has also extended the record deal with Spinefarm Records with one full-length album, which is scheduled for summer 2002.

Top Bottom