• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Battlefield Play4Free

Northen Wolf

Young Hunter
So Battlefield P4F, is basically Battlefield 2, that's online, less system demanding, free to play and somewhat faster (in terms of gameplay). It's free, but offers superb weapons, unlocks and equipment to people who choose to pay for it (I see no reason for that, but I am a lowly student too).

Battlefield Play4Free is a first-person shooter developed by EA and Easy Studios. Based on the Battlefield series, the game features a modern warfare setting. Play4Free is built on a modified version of Battlefield 2's engine,[2] with improvements such as high resolution artwork and post-processing effects. The game is also less demanding on computer specifications, similar to Battlefield Heroes.[3]

Spoiler Screenshots :

Link to video.

Min Hardware Requirements said:
Operating system: Windows XP or Windows Vista
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB on Windows Vista)
Video card: 256 MB, Pixel shader 2.0, DirectX 9.0c
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Hard Drive space: 1 GB
Internet connection: 256 kbit

I've been playing this for few past days and think it's a good game. I love entire battlefield series "atmosphere" and this feels just like battlefield 2 (and is less laggier on my laptop!). Even tho it is still in beta status, I've not run into any bugs nor glitches so far, and reached "level 14" recently. So, anyone else 'hooked on' it?

Link to game site

OR you could get BF2 for a ridiculously low price and not have to pay for extra weapons and have access to a couple of reportedly amazing mods.
AIX 2.0 and Project Reality are excellent. Get the real game.

Or you could buy the even cheaper BF1942 Complete Collection, you can get Desert Combat, and one of the best online games ever.

Well, facts that b4f is:
1) Free
2) Less laggier than bf2 on my laptop. (BF2 lags a bit, not significantly enough to hinder gameplay but still)

Make me like b4f quite a bit. Besides, I lost my bf2 manual with cd-key and ~10 euros is quite large investment for me.

Top Bottom