[R&F] Beginner questions

I was using those already but I can't make it work they way I want. I've tried many different possibilities but the game never allows me to change how many years difference between turn 1 and 2.
To make the change you want above in an SQL mod:
Code:
UPDATE GameSpeed_Turns
SET    MonthIncrement = 120, TurnsPerIncrement = 1
WHERE  GameSpeedType = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD', MonthIncrement = 480, TurnsPerIncrement = 75;
That will update that one line in the GameSpeed_Turns table. However, if you want to fully adjust everything for a given GameSpeedType I'd suggest Delete & Insert instead. As an example:
Code:
DELETE FROM GameSpeed_Turns WHERE GameSpeedType = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD';

INSERT INTO GameSpeed_Turns
            (GameSpeedType,           MonthIncrement,    TurnsPerIncrement)
VALUES      ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    624,               65),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    216,               65),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    168,               65),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    60,                65),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    18,                60),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    15,                60),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    9,                 60),
            ('GAMESPEED_STANDARD',    6,                 60);

Thank you for your response Laurana. Apologies for taking so long answer back too.
In the end I realized the main problem there was that I was trying to set up a start year over 4000BC (like 10000BC or 8000BC), which the system apparently doesn't allow; but I could change it to start sooner. The rest is all just making numbers so that "TurnsPerIncrement" equals the exact number of turns for the game speed, isn't it?

I'm learning quite a lot downloading others mods to take a look at their files. Though sometimes I can't manage to make the changes I want. Right now I'm stuck trying to "disable" several Civilizations that I don't want to be playable in my mod. This is one of the ways I've found out about, but I'm not sure why it isn't working.
Spoiler :

<GameInfo>
<Types>
<Delete Type="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"/>
<Delete Type="LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT"/>
<Delete Type="CIVILIZATION_FRANCE"/>
<Delete Type="LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI"/>
</Types>
</GameInfo>

AnnnoDomini's Rob had a similar file to delete useless info from his mod... though his has an entire Ruleset to it. Maybe that's why?

Top Bottom